BWI to Key West end of March---low fare suggestions?

Old January 15th, 2004, 07:16 PM
BC

Default BWI to Key West end of March---low fare suggestions?

Hi,

The wife and I need a vacation badly--any ideas on keeping costs down
for a Thursday to Sunday trip to Key West?

Got prices RT @ $400 to $450 at onetravel and cheap tix. US Air
quoted over $700---yuk!

Any tips from you pros would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old January 16th, 2004, 12:19 AM
cj

BC wrote:
Hi,

The wife and I need a vacation badly--any ideas on keeping costs down
for a Thursday to Sunday trip to Key West?

Got prices RT @ $400 to $450 at onetravel and cheap tix. US Air
quoted over $700---yuk!

Any tips from you pros would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fly into Miami or Fort Lauderdale and drive down.
Old January 16th, 2004, 05:08 AM
John R. Levine

The wife and I need a vacation badly--any ideas on keeping costs down
for a Thursday to Sunday trip to Key West?

Got prices RT @ $400 to $450 at onetravel and cheap tix. US Air
quoted over $700---yuk!

Fly into Miami or Fort Lauderdale and drive down.

Yes, definitely. Orbitz has a nice feature to look for weekend fares
and it shows $184 non-stop on AA 1/29-2/1, slightly cheaper if you're
willing to change planes in odd places like Houston or Detroit. USAir
has an amazing $133 RT to FLL, but you have to return at 5:45 Sunday
morning which takes a lot of the fun out of it.

The drive from Miami down through the keys is quite pleasant so long
as you don't hit a lot of traffic. Rentals are cheap, I see rates
like $62 including tax (for the whole weekend, not per day.)

Old January 18th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Kenny McCormack

In article ,
Vincent Mossa wrote:
Fly to Miami and drive the rest of the way.

This is good advice - the drive through the keys is definitely a joy.

However, time may be a consideration. It is not exactly a fast drive;
I haven't done it in about 15 years, but ISTR it took the better part of
a day. Can someone who has done it more recently comment upon this?

It also take a long time just to get through Miami itself - before you even
get to the keys.