royal caribbean liquor

Old December 17th, 2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

Default royal caribbean liquor

a friend is going on their first cruise in 15 yrs xmas week on royal
caribbean out of miami. they couldn[t remember the name of the ship! maybe
the jewel they think.

anyway, he wants to bring JD on board and is trying to learn the best way to
do so. in big suitcases, bubble wrap, ziploc etc (they can pack it after
their flight) or the carryon luggage. he just doesn't want a 1k bar bill at
the end of the week (and that's possible with only JD and various vodka
drinks) they're not cheap and are already spending a small fortune on
cruise (family of 5, 2 cabins, flights etc) and excursions and has no
problemw ith wine in the dining room etc but hates the idea of $5-7 for a
drink on his balcony.

not sure how RCI is about this type of thing
thanks

sheree

Old December 17th, 2006, 06:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sharkbait

The price of the cruise is only the beginning. Once you're onboard the fun
begins for cruise line. This means turning you upside down and shaking you
down for every last clam in your pocket, including whatever your credit card
may offer. I'm going first class all the way on my land-based excursion and
air next time around, drinks included and I'll still have money to throw
away at the end.

rg

Old December 17th, 2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

sheree wrote:
a friend is going on their first cruise in 15 yrs xmas week on royal
caribbean out of miami. they couldn[t remember the name of the ship! maybe
the jewel they think.

anyway, he wants to bring JD on board and is trying to learn the best way to
do so.

Sheree, tell your friend to wrap the bottle securely (as you said,
bubble wrap, zip loc bag, in a towel, whatever) or transfer it to an
well-wrapped unbreakable container and put it in his suitcase. No
problem. He can leave it out in his room and enjoy it as he likes.

~ Peri
Old December 17th, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff H

"sheree" wrote in message
anyway, he wants to bring JD on board and is trying to learn the best way
to do so. in big suitcases, bubble wrap, ziploc etc (they can pack it
after their flight) or the carryon luggage. sheree

sheree,

I always bring it onboard packed in my carry-on. Never a problem.

Jeff

Old December 17th, 2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Crabman

sheree wrote:
a friend is going on their first cruise in 15 yrs xmas week on royal
caribbean out of miami. they couldn[t remember the name of the ship! maybe
the jewel they think.

anyway, he wants to bring JD on board and is trying to learn the best way to
do so. in big suitcases, bubble wrap, ziploc etc (they can pack it after
their flight) or the carryon luggage. he just doesn't want a 1k bar bill at
the end of the week (and that's possible with only JD and various vodka
drinks) they're not cheap and are already spending a small fortune on
cruise (family of 5, 2 cabins, flights etc) and excursions and has no
problemw ith wine in the dining room etc but hates the idea of $5-7 for a
drink on his balcony.

not sure how RCI is about this type of thing
thanks

sheree

hmmm, $1000/$7/5ppl/7days= four $7.00 drinks per day for 5 people on a
7day cruise. 4drinks*1.5oz. liquor*5ppl*7days = 210 oz of liquor(or 1.64
gallons) Thats eight, 750ml bottles, or eight fifths.

I was going to suggest a way to bring it on board, but you can't easily
bring gallons of booze no matter what you do.

I have taken the litre bottles of store bought iced tea, drank the tea
and replaced with dark liquor, and then carried on. Incidentally, have
one open iced tea with tea in it while boarding

Clay
Old December 17th, 2006, 09:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Uncle Peter

"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 06:47:38 GMT, "Sharkbait"
wrote:

The price of the cruise is only the beginning. Once you're onboard the
fun
begins for cruise line. This means turning you upside down and shaking
you
down for every last clam in your pocket, including whatever your credit
card
may offer. I'm going first class all the way on my land-based excursion
and
air next time around, drinks included and I'll still have money to throw
away at the end.

I think it you're a big drinker -- there's no question, some of the
land based resorts (like those in the Dominican Republic)
that include drinks are a better value.

--
- Lee

Naw, he is a troll. Here is what he posted earlier:

"My wife and I are not big boozers. Our suite minibar was stocked with a
few soft drinks, mixers and a half dozen one ounce bottles of bourbon (2),
gin (2), and vodka (2). This was included in the price of the suite."

Old December 18th, 2006, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

i don't think he's trying to carry everything on! i suggested iced tea. i
think he should do one in the suitcae, one carry on, one iced tea!!
sheree
i just didn't know how rci was in respect to this

Old December 19th, 2006, 03:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "sheree" :

a friend is going on their first cruise in 15 yrs xmas week on royal
caribbean out of miami. they couldn[t remember the name of the ship! maybe
the jewel they think.

anyway, he wants to bring JD on board and is trying to learn the best way to
do so. in big suitcases, bubble wrap, ziploc etc (they can pack it after
their flight) or the carryon luggage. he just doesn't want a 1k bar bill at
the end of the week (and that's possible with only JD and various vodka
drinks) they're not cheap and are already spending a small fortune on
cruise (family of 5, 2 cabins, flights etc) and excursions and has no
problemw ith wine in the dining room etc but hates the idea of $5-7 for a
drink on his balcony.

not sure how RCI is about this type of thing
thanks

sheree

Theoretically (read the contract), RCI can take the booze out of a
suitcase or carry on and return it at the end of the cruise. They
reserve the right to inspect any liquid you bring on board.

Practice can be a different story, entirely. Pack it in bubble wrap,
put that in a large sealed plastic bag and wrap the whole thing in a
towel. I personally advocate putting the bottle next to one of the
hard edges of a soft sided suitcase, others say the middle.

But be prepared to "lose" it. Just in case.
--
dillon

When I was a kid, I used to think the horse's name was Bob
Old December 19th, 2006, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Michael A.

I don't drink nowadays but it former days it would have
occurred to me that if the JD came in a wine bottle and
the bottle were sealed.......there would be less attention
called to it. It would be just as a bottle of fine wine for
a special occasion.