What to do at 1:05 AM in SIN?

Old January 15th, 2004, 11:09 AM
RWEmerson

Default What to do at 1:05 AM in SIN?

That might be after the last bus, but you can take a cab to your hotel,
sleep for 6 hours, and then emerge into a bright, shining day, blissful

with
expectation of a life-affirming roti pratha in the Little India hawkers
centre.

miguel

LOL!

And wake up with an 11-hour or 13-hour jet lag.

If you're in transit OR if you just wish to get right to bed and deal with
the other formalities after a rest, try the Transit Hotel in the airport for
a place to get cleaned up and and a place to sleep. Go to your "destination
hotel" the following day.

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/

Old January 15th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Reef Fish

"RWEmerson" wrote in message ...

If you're in transit OR if you just wish to get right to bed and deal with
the other formalities after a rest, try the Transit Hotel in the airport for
a place to get cleaned up and and a place to sleep. Go to your "destination
hotel" the following day.

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/

Thanks! That's the help and info I could really use.

I've heard about (but never used) the "sleeping bins" (about the
size of the inside of a coffin) in Japanese airports, but these
"transit rooms" are full sized hotel rooms, and are rented at
the minimum price of a "block" = 6 hours, inexpensively.

== Double/Twin Occupancy : SGD$ 64.70 nett*

Not sure what "nett*" meant. If that's indeed the price of a
6-hour rental, then it would be a perfect place to spend $34 USD
for a short snooze and clean up before going to the "destination
hotel" that SAME morning to check in, at a $200 USD for the night.

Notwithstanding all the reasons advanced by others as to WHY NW
scheduled flights to arrive SIN at 1:05 am, I think one of the
members of the Board of Directors of NW must be an owner of one
of the SIN transit hotels! :-)

-- Bob.
Old January 15th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Dennis G. Rears

Reef Fish" wrote in message
om...

These are the most common schedules on late flights:

(1) Flights to Europe, from EWR, to London, Paris, Rome, etc.
Leave EWR 10:00-11:00 pm. Arrive Europe destination 5:00-6:00 am.
Very sensible.

Wow, talk about fast flights. Only an hour of flight time from EWR to
Europe once the 6 hour time difference is factored in.

dennis

Old January 15th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Miguel Cruz

Dennis G. Rears wrote:
Reef Fish" wrote:
These are the most common schedules on late flights:

(1) Flights to Europe, from EWR, to London, Paris, Rome, etc.
Leave EWR 10:00-11:00 pm. Arrive Europe destination 5:00-6:00 am.
Very sensible.

Wow, talk about fast flights. Only an hour of flight time from EWR to
Europe once the 6 hour time difference is factored in.

I'd like to find out more about these. Usually I depart from DC around 6pm
and arrive at 7am in Amsterdam (or 11pm to noon).

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old January 15th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Reef Fish

"Dennis G. Rears" wrote in message ...
Reef Fish" wrote in message
om...

These are the most common schedules on late flights:

(1) Flights to Europe, from EWR, to London, Paris, Rome, etc.
Leave EWR 10:00-11:00 pm. Arrive Europe destination 5:00-6:00 am.
Very sensible.

Wow, talk about fast flights. Only an hour of flight time from EWR to
Europe once the 6 hour time difference is factored in.

dennis

Dennis, you must have never flown anywhere!

Did you not know that the arrival and departure times are always given
in LOCAL times (so the time difference is already factored in)?

Since you posted from army.mil, are YOU the living proof that
"military intelligence" is an oxymoron? :-)

Thanks for your input just the same.

-- Bob.
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:05 PM
DALing

NW flights are scheduled to arrive based on departures from NRT. The BKK
flight arrives at 11:45 pm from NRT
"Reef Fish" wrote in message
om...

Old January 16th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Miguel Cruz

Reef Fish wrote:
"Dennis G. Rears" wrote:
Reef Fish" wrote:
These are the most common schedules on late flights:

(1) Flights to Europe, from EWR, to London, Paris, Rome, etc.
Leave EWR 10:00-11:00 pm. Arrive Europe destination 5:00-6:00 am.
Very sensible.

Wow, talk about fast flights. Only an hour of flight time from EWR to
Europe once the 6 hour time difference is factored in.

Dennis, you must have never flown anywhere!

Did you not know that the arrival and departure times are always given
in LOCAL times (so the time difference is already factored in)?

Departure times are local to point of departure, arrival times are local to
point of arrival.

10pm Newark local time is 4am Paris local time.

A flight that left Newark at 10pm and arrived in Paris at 5am would have
taken one hour.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old January 16th, 2004, 03:29 AM
RWEmerson

{SNIP}
Not sure what "nett*" meant. If that's indeed the price of a
6-hour rental, then it would be a perfect place to spend $34 USD
for a short snooze and clean up before going to the "destination
hotel" that SAME morning to check in, at a $200 USD for the night.

{SNIP}

Their instruction/caveats -

* PLEASE DO NOT CLEAR IMMIGRATIONS/CUSTOMS.
* Reservations can be made personally at our reception counter or via fax, telephone or online.
* Advance reservation of 2 to 3 weeks is preferable.
* Reserved room(s) will be held for 45 minutes after arrival of flight or 15 minutes after requested reserved time.
* Rates are non-negotiable, non-commissionable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
* Payment upon check-in.
* Room rates quoted are based on a minimum charge of One Block (6 Hours).
* All rates listed are subject to changes without prior notice.
Old January 16th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Miguel Cruz

Reef Fish wrote:
1:05 am is just not what I consider "morning"!

Agreed - more like mid-evening!

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/