Phoenix car rental process

Old September 21st, 2004, 03:59 PM
KGB

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:07:04 GMT, "jtc" wrote:

we have found that it is just simpler to pay for the gas ahead and bring the
car back empty...a few cents but looking around for a station and not
finding one nearby is maddening!

Hi

Further to the above, I have on at least 2 occasions filled the car up
no more than a couple of miles from an airport and been charged an
extortionate amount for the few millilitres of gas they managed to
squeeze into the tank.

Regards
KGB

Old September 21st, 2004, 06:04 PM
PeterL

"KGB (KGB)" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:07:04 GMT, "jtc" wrote:

we have found that it is just simpler to pay for the gas ahead and bring

the
car back empty...a few cents but looking around for a station and not
finding one nearby is maddening!

Hi

Further to the above, I have on at least 2 occasions filled the car up
no more than a couple of miles from an airport and been charged an
extortionate amount for the few millilitres of gas they managed to
squeeze into the tank.

That has never happened to us. The most recent time (SeaTac, Avis) we
filled up the night before, stayed at a hotel near the airport, went out to
dinner, then drove to the airport the next morning. No charge. We'd be
really angry had they ever charge us for anything had we filled up within 10
miles of the airport.

Regards
KGB

Old September 22nd, 2004, 01:45 AM
Brian

"KGB" (KGB) wrote:

Hi

Further to the above, I have on at least 2 occasions filled the car up
no more than a couple of miles from an airport and been charged an
extortionate amount for the few millilitres of gas they managed to
squeeze into the tank.

Regards
KGB

I've never had that happen. What company did that?

Old September 22nd, 2004, 01:47 AM
Brian

"jtc" wrote:

we have found that it is just simpler to pay for the gas ahead and bring the
car back empty...a few cents but looking around for a station and not
finding one nearby is maddening!

This was the only time we've had a problem but what you suggest is a
possibility especially where there is a known problem. I just hate to
give in to the extortion tactics of the rental car companies, though.

Old September 23rd, 2004, 02:17 PM
jtc

well since we usually are arriving at the airport in PHX from a business
style trip it is just simpler to do the purchase ahead...........if we were
on a more routine style trip we might not do it. However, my thinking is
always that it's easier to be safe than sorry.

--
jtc