Trip report CO ORD->EWR->TLV including NatBag 200 (New Ben Gurion terminal)

Old November 4th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Binyamin Dissen

Default Trip report CO ORD->EWR->TLV including NatBag 200 (New Ben Gurion terminal)

CO 1170, arrived on time, the FA's did not need a shoehorn to fit more
passengers on.

Interesting pre-boarding - the gate agent called for the first class fliers to
line up on the carpet to wait for him to open the plane.

I fail to see why he didn't first take care of that stuff and then invite the
FC passengers.

I also fail to see why some (all?) FC's DID line up - don't they have
something better to do?

Arrived EWR-A, had to get to C. There does not appear to be any way to
transfer airside, so I had to go thru EWR security. Again they insisted that I
take off my shoes, and again, as I had time, I decided to go thru secondary
security so that I could remove my shoes at the chair and not have to walk
around with stocking feet.

CO 84 was pretty full, but there were some empty seats. Unfortunately not next
to me. My Kosher did not show up, but I brought my own food. Arrived on time.

This was the second day of the new terminal.

There are now jetways (which has the downside that everyone leaves from the
front).

Those that have difficulty walking should note that it is at least one
kilometer from the plane until passport control (unlike the old way where the
bus took one from the plane to passport control) - may be worth ordering a
wheelchair.

The luggage area is a little bit bigger and a bit of a walk after immigration.

They failed to put up shields at the baggage dispenser and I did see some bags
shoot out and land on the floor. I advised people to watch out.

Seems to be slightly less of a auto waiting area, but the CO flight arrives in
a quiet time. The cops did not seem to be interested in forcing people to do a
go-around.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old November 4th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Binyamin Dissen

And I should add:

TSA got at least one bag each way. They did not appear to steal anything.
Wonder if it is EWR again.

Had at least one baby seated behind and/or to the side of me on both long
flights. Their sounds didn't bother me a bit. One kid even kicked my seat for
a while (when I was on the computer) and it didn't bother me enough to stop
doing what I was doing. I am pretty sure that Paul wasn't on the flight, as I
didn't see anyone that was really bothered.