How much color right now in the Adirondacks?

Old October 2nd, 2006, 06:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
123456789

Default How much color right now in the Adirondacks?

Hey there.

I've repeated checked online as I always do every year at:
http://www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/

Thing is, I've known them to be somewhat off in the past much like others of
their ilk. Anyhow, I'm hoping folks in the Adirondacks (at and around Lake
George and Northbound) will partake in this thread and post their findings
as time goes on?

My concern right now stems from my idea that:

We can see here in the NYC area as well through our trips to Rockland
County, NY and the Nyacks that colors are 'a changin'. 'And barring anything
like last year when there were big wind storms and rain storms in October
through many areas this really should turn out to be quite the sensational
foliage season. Any thoughts on this as well?

Old October 2nd, 2006, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2006-10-02 13:44:48 -0400, "123456789" said:

Hey there.

I've repeated checked online as I always do every year at:
http://www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/

Thing is, I've known them to be somewhat off in the past much like
others of their ilk. Anyhow, I'm hoping folks in the Adirondacks (at
and around Lake George and Northbound) will partake in this thread and
post their findings as time goes on?

My concern right now stems from my idea that:

We can see here in the NYC area as well through our trips to Rockland
County, NY and the Nyacks that colors are 'a changin'. 'And barring
anything like last year when there were big wind storms and rain storms
in October through many areas this really should turn out to be quite
the sensational foliage season. Any thoughts on this as well?

Are you suggesting that someone in the Adirondacks should provide you
with split-second color accuracy?

I can tell you that in Schenectady, where I live, color change is in
very early stages.

Old October 2nd, 2006, 08:53 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
James Silverton

Hello, sechumlib!
You wrote on Mon, 02 Oct 2006 19:42:26 GMT:

?? Hey there.
??
?? I've repeated checked online as I always do every year at:
?? http://www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/
??
?? Thing is, I've known them to be somewhat off in the past
?? much like others of their ilk. Anyhow, I'm hoping folks in
?? the Adirondacks (at and around Lake George and Northbound)
?? will partake in this thread and post their findings as
?? time goes on?
s Are you suggesting that someone in the Adirondacks should
s provide you with split-second color accuracy?

There are web cameras in the Adirondacks....Google again!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Old October 2nd, 2006, 08:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
123456789

On 2006-10-02 13:44:48 -0400, "123456789" said:

Are you suggesting that someone in the Adirondacks should provide you with
split-second color accuracy?

Funny, where/when did I ever suggest that?...read again.

I can tell you that in Schenectady, where I live, color change is in very
early stages.

thanks though. That does help.

Old October 2nd, 2006, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
123456789

"James Silverton" not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not wrote in message
. ..

There are web cameras in the Adirondacks....Google again!

Thanks for the idea...yet my experience has always been that web cameras
suck. In as far as true color indicators and such. A friend I'd recently
driven up with me (read: month ago) mistook red for foliage. But he was way
off considering how some branches will just simply burn early as opposed to
actually having changing colors due to seasonal changes.