Long term accomodation Melbourne

Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Hendrik Friedel

Hello!

Sorry, but I can find these newspapers, but I cannot find where to find a
room one one of these papers.
Maybe you can post a direct link?

Regards,
Hendrik

"AlmostBob" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
he didnt mean wait tillya get there to read the papers he meant something
like this
http://www.nla.gov.au/npapers/npapers_state.html#vic
victorian newspapers
Brimbank
Hobsons Bay
Yarrraville
Laverton
even Werribbee if you dont mind slightly longer commutes

--
_
"Hendrik Friedel" wrote in message
Dear Ken,

There should be "rooms for rent" sections in papers like the Age and

other
locally papers (not the national types like the Age but some smaller
one
like a
paper for Yarraville or Footscray, etc).

I'd prefer, finding something in advance.

You have to understand that I have never lived in melbourne, but have
required
accommodation for time spans like you need. I used the types of sources
mentioned to find accommodation.

Well, I was wondering, wether there's a chance to get something cheaper
in
Melbourne. If not, I don't have to bother searching ;-)

Regards,
Hendrik

Old May 26th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Arfur Moo

Default Long term accomodation Melbourne

On Sat 14 May 2005 at 22:18:23 +1000, Hendrik or "news.cis.dfn.de" at
wrote in :

Hi,
I'll be in Melbourne from Sept till end of March.
All my searches for accomodation have led to rates of around $1000 per month
(Unilodge, Arrow on Swanston, Global Village), which is a little high, I
think.
Another option would be hostels with shared bathroom, which is not really an
option. Is there any other (cheaper) type of accomodation, you could
recommend?

Regards,
Hendrik

I don't know about Melbourne, but I can tell you that if you want to visit
Indonesia on the way there or back then that country may well give you some
remarkably cheap longterm accommodation -- whether you want it or not. And
such establishments offer the most unforgettable stir-fries.

Gute Reise!

--
Arfur Moo

Old May 27th, 2005, 09:04 AM
bigtrip2

Try the following websites;

www.domain.com.au

or www.realestate.com.au

they have share accomodation which is sometimes cheaper than the Uni
places

Sian..