Travel within Australia

Old June 3rd, 2005, 07:31 PM
Sriram Murthy

Default Travel within Australia

Hi all,
I am planning to visit Australia (mainly east coast) in August(Cairns,
Gold coast, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney). Can anyone provide me inputs on
the best means to travel between these places?.

Thanks,
Ram

Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
www.poms.co.uk

"Sriram Murthy" wrote in message
Hi all,
I am planning to visit Australia (mainly east coast) in August(Cairns,
Gold coast, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney). Can anyone provide me inputs
on
the best means to travel between these places?.

Thanks,
Ram

Your own camper van would be the best or bus.

---------------

www.simcard.me.uk/australian_sim_card.htm
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/experimenta...lian-Sim-Cards

Australian and NZ Forum - Upload and view your clips and photos for free.
http://www.poms.co.uk/forum/index.php

Old June 3rd, 2005, 09:47 PM
Geoff Lillico

In a word - AIR
Unless you are here for more than 4 weeks.
--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com

Old June 3rd, 2005, 10:17 PM
Scotty

"Sriram Murthy" wrote in message
Hi all,
I am planning to visit Australia (mainly east coast) in August(Cairns,
Gold coast, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney). Can anyone provide me inputs
on
the best means to travel between these places?.

Thanks,
Ram

Rail or Bus,

What do you want to look at while yoru here? Where will you stay? Do you
want to look at teh smaller towns on the way? How much time do you have? Can
you drive? etc etc etc.

Old June 3rd, 2005, 10:27 PM
David Bennetts

"Geoff Lillico" wrote in message
In a word - AIR
Unless you are here for more than 4 weeks.
--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com

"Sriram Murthy" wrote in message
Hi all,
I am planning to visit Australia (mainly east coast) in
August(Cairns,
Gold coast, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney). Can anyone provide me inputs
on
the best means to travel between these places?.

Thanks,
Ram

Agreed, except between Gold Coast and Brisbane, which is about an hours
journey by train/bus connection. There is an airport serving the Gold Coast
at Coolangatta.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old June 4th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Sriram Murthy

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I want to spend around 10 days in Australia
(vacationing between a business tour). There are several packages offered by
Cox&Kings, Thomas Cook etc. I was wondering on either choosing one of them
or travel by myself. What do you ppl suggest?. If anybody has taken these
tours, feedback will be gr8ly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bfn,
Ram

Old June 4th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Alan S

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 16:13:07 +0530, "Sriram Murthy"
wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I want to spend around 10 days in Australia
(vacationing between a business tour). There are several packages offered by
Cox&Kings, Thomas Cook etc. I was wondering on either choosing one of them
or travel by myself. What do you ppl suggest?. If anybody has taken these
tours, feedback will be gr8ly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bfn,
Ram

Hi Ram

I can't talk about the tours, never been on one. But, if
you've only got ten days you haven't realised just how big
this island continent is.

I'd recommend you pick just a couple, or three at the most.
At that time of year I'd pick Sydney, Gold Coast district,
including the hinterland and Northern NSW (I'm biased, I
liver there), and maybe Cairns.

A lot would depend on your flight arrangements; for example
if you have to fly in and out via a capital city, It makes
Cairns a little awkward. But try to allow at least 3 or 4
days in each location.

How are you getting to and from Oz?

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old June 4th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Ralph Holz

Hi,

Sriram Murthy wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I want to spend around 10 days in Australia
(vacationing between a business tour). There are several packages offered by
Cox&Kings, Thomas Cook etc. I was wondering on either choosing one of them
or travel by myself. What do you ppl suggest?. If anybody has taken these
tours, feedback will be gr8ly appreciated.

If you're happy to follow the horde and be surrounded by your fellow tourists
all the time, go for the tour.

If you're a bit more individual-minded, plan your own route and go for it alone
- 10 days should hardly be cause for loneliness ;-). I usually find that tours
restrict me and I can relax more when I'm my own master.

For contact details, please see www.ralphholz.de.
Old June 5th, 2005, 03:56 AM
John H

From your post, it appears you intend doing all those
places in just August, If only one month then fly between
them so you have time to look around those places.
If you are staying longer, be a bit more specific of times in
each place and overall so we can be more specific in the
answers.
John H