E-docs... what do you think?

Old January 9th, 2008, 11:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RosalieAnn Beasley

Default E-docs... what do you think?

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 19:36:56 -0700, RosalieAnn Beasley wrote:

We aren't flying to the port anymore, so we don't have to comply with
the
TSA. But it certainly is quicker to register on line.

Oh yeah you do. The TSA also wants to know who's sailing. That's why
the cruise lines ask you to register at least three days prior to the
sail date.

But we don't have to worry about restrictions on liquids or carry on
luggage
size and we don't have to take off our shoes or any of that kind of
stuff.

What world do you fly in?

We are NOT flying. That was my point. If we don't fly, we don't have to
worry about TSA restrictions.

Old January 10th, 2008, 08:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Jan 10, 2:40 am, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:32:02 -0700, RosalieAnn Beasley wrote:
We are NOT flying. That was my point. If we don't fly, we don't have to
worry about TSA restrictions.

Oh yeah you do. The TSA also wants to know who's sailing. That's why
the cruise lines ask you to register at least three days prior to the
sail date.

Hi i love the i dear of E doc"s .I did last year on the 3 RCCI
cruises. It was great . I had my E doc"s 2 months before each
cruise .Royal Caribbean dose it very well .But HAL dosn"t do it
yet . .I leave feb.16th on the Noordam and no tickets yet !! This is
cruising coming in the the new age !!
Ken G............
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Jan 10, 1:40*am, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:32:02 -0700, RosalieAnn *Beasley wrote:
We are NOT flying. *That was my point. *If we don't fly, we don't have to
worry about TSA restrictions.

Oh yeah you do. *The TSA also wants to know who's sailing. *That's why
the cruise lines ask you to register at least three days prior to the
sail date.

Registering with the ship is something you'd have to do anyway.
Haven't people always had to tell a ship their names? It has been a
long time since people were able to come aboard and see people off.

If we don't fly, we don't have to comply with the luggage rules about
liquids or any of that other mickey mouse stuff that people that fly
have to do. No weight or size or number restrictions on the luggage.
Don't have to take off your shoes to get on the plane because we are
not getting on a plane.

Unless there's been a change and we have to take off our shoes to get
on the ship. I don't think so.

Old January 11th, 2008, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:32:02 -0700, RosalieAnn Beasley wrote:

We are NOT flying. That was my point. If we don't fly, we don't have to
worry about TSA restrictions.

Oh yeah you do. The TSA also wants to know who's sailing. That's why
the cruise lines ask you to register at least three days prior to the
sail date.

Would anyone like to second this? I always assumed that the 3
days closing was because they have to get their passenger
records ready for boarding. If what you're saying is true, why
wouldn't the airlines have a 3 day cutoff for pre-check-in? And
what happens if you don't pre-register for the cruise? They
still let you on.

Bottom line, I think your TSA comment is groundless and bogus.

Bill
Old January 11th, 2008, 11:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 02:43:24 GMT, Bill wrote:

Oh yeah you do. The TSA also wants to know who's sailing. That's why
the cruise lines ask you to register at least three days prior to the
sail date.

Would anyone like to second this? I always assumed that the 3
days closing was because they have to get their passenger
records ready for boarding.

That too.

If what you're saying is true, why
wouldn't the airlines have a 3 day cutoff for pre-check-in?

Impossible to enforce, unrealistic as well.

And
what happens if you don't pre-register for the cruise? They
still let you on.

Nope, you get canceled by some, others place you on hold. A few will try to
resolve with the FedGov muster.

Bottom line, I think your TSA comment is groundless and bogus.

Bill

Go for it.
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Bill :

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:32:02 -0700, RosalieAnn Beasley wrote:

We are NOT flying. That was my point. If we don't fly, we don't have to
worry about TSA restrictions.

Oh yeah you do. The TSA also wants to know who's sailing. That's why
the cruise lines ask you to register at least three days prior to the
sail date.

Would anyone like to second this? I always assumed that the 3
days closing was because they have to get their passenger
records ready for boarding. If what you're saying is true, why
wouldn't the airlines have a 3 day cutoff for pre-check-in? And
what happens if you don't pre-register for the cruise? They
still let you on.

Nope. Friday RCI announced that if you don't register at least 3 days
in advance,you will need to check in at least two hours prior to final
boarding, which is now 90 minutes prior to sailing.

From RCCL (RCI, Celebrity and Azamara):

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit
final departure
manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested
to complete Online
Check-in at the appropriate website stated below no later than 3 days
prior to their
cruise. If you have not completed Online Check-in, you will be
required to complete this
process at the pier two hours prior to the published sailing time.
Please note: All guests
must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior
to the published
sailing time or they will not be permitted to sail.

I was told last week that this check-in might take as much as 45
minutes.

Bottom line, I think your TSA comment is groundless and bogus.

Obviously not.

Bill

--
dillon

Always get off the first shot. You may hit him and
you're sure to throw off his aim. -- Lazarus Long