No short sleeves on Princess?

Old January 17th, 2008, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
hlind

Default No short sleeves on Princess?

A recent (Nov 07) Princess Patter says "No short sleeves allowed on
formal night". On six cruises, my husband has always worn a short-
sleeve dress shirt under his dark suit. Surely they aren't checking
what's under the suit jacket? Or are they getting picky?
Helen
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie[_2_]

hlind wrote:

A recent (Nov 07) Princess Patter says "No short sleeves allowed on
formal night". On six cruises, my husband has always worn a short-
sleeve dress shirt under his dark suit. Surely they aren't checking
what's under the suit jacket? Or are they getting picky?
Helen

I hope they mean no short sleeve shirts for men
without a jacket.
What about women in short sleeves? I see lots of
women without sleeves of any kind, and not much on
the shoulders either.
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)
Old January 18th, 2008, 12:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

hlind wrote:
A recent (Nov 07) Princess Patter says "No short sleeves allowed on
formal night". On six cruises, my husband has always worn a short-
sleeve dress shirt under his dark suit. Surely they aren't checking
what's under the suit jacket? Or are they getting picky?
Helen

Just back from the Emerald Princess and looked at the Patters for one of
the formal nights. It only said that t-shirts and shorts were not
allowed, no mention of short sleeves at all.

sue
Old January 18th, 2008, 12:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cal Ford

This is directed towards men that do not wear a jacket or a sweater. They are
trying to discourage people from showing up in a short sleeve sports shirt, or
less.

Interesting that these people who show up way underdressed for the occasion get
huffy and say " I paid for this Cruise and I will wear what I want". That
sentiment is also used to justify many other things on a Cruise.

Do these people ever stop to consider that many people pay for a Cruise that
includes Dress Up and other things and therefore their actions are causing us to
get less than what we paid for.

Just my opinion.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article ,
hlind says...

Old January 18th, 2008, 01:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Just A Cruiser

And in reverse, do you ever stop to consider that you are placing a burden
on them to make YOUR cruise experience what YOU want? Every story has two
sides.

"Cal Ford" wrote in message
[...]

,
hlind says...

Old January 18th, 2008, 03:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Just A Cruiser wrote:
And in reverse, do you ever stop to consider that you are placing a burden
on them to make YOUR cruise experience what YOU want? Every story has two
sides.

I don't think so ... at least not in this case. Formal night only
offers one restaurant for those that wish to dress up ... the main
dining room. While those that choose not to take part can go to the
buffet, pizza stop, hamburger grill or whatever else they happen to
offer to be with others that choose not to dress up.

Our last cruise we opted to not take formal clothing with us for the
first time. We REALLLY missed going to the festivities. But, we were
able to dine in the buffet with others that stayed in their casuals like
us. Of course, we ran into several of those that griped about not being
allowed into the dining room dressed as they were. But then again, they
griped about just about everything else too! ;-)

--
Ray Contreras
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Old January 18th, 2008, 03:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Just A Cruiser

Are you saying they will not let you in for pizza if you are in a tux?
Nonsense! However, they will not let you in the dinning room if you are
dressed down! Although I dress for the occasion, I don't think other
cruisers should be forced to take a lesser meal because they don't want to
dress formal. What others wear on their cruise has no bearing on the
pleasure of mine.

"RayC" wrote in message
m...

Old January 18th, 2008, 04:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Cal Ford wrote:

Do these people ever stop to consider that many people pay for a Cruise that
includes Dress Up and other things and therefore their actions are causing us to
get less than what we paid for.

People who have their formal evening ruined by seeing someone
dressed in a short sleeve shirt have far more problems than the
person who chooses to wear it while on vacation. Does the cruise
contract say that you can only eat in the dining room on formal
night if you are dressed appropriately?

Bill
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

I've seen the same thing mentioned in other Patters as well as a sign at the
dr saying that no shorts or T shirts allowed at breakfast or lunch. (both
rules I have never seen never enforced) I for one dress as nicely as I see
fit- jacket, short sleeve shirt underneath, no tie & if it detracts from
anyone's visual dining experencience, it's unfortunate. If my appearance
annoys anyone else, then don't look at our table for two. Until they start
providing the same exact food at the "buffet" or other locations I'll
continue to dress as I please.