How Do You Find Last Minute Cruise Deals?

Old April 21st, 2004, 03:31 PM
DaFlaBear

Default How Do You Find Last Minute Cruise Deals?

Is there such a thing as last minute cruise deals.
Sort of like hotels cutting rates at the last minute or say within 48
hours.
I keep hearing about this but can never find such an animal.

Old April 21st, 2004, 04:59 PM
HDawson228

Now, cruiselines are required to forward passenger manifests 72 hours prior to
sailing to a federal government agency for a security check. Therefore no real
last minute deals.; Actually I have noticed often fares go back up the last 3
wks prior to sailing because of reduced availability. Most ships are sailing
at 97-103% of capacity. Probably the best way to learn of greatly reduced
fares is to build a relationship with a good TA who knows what you might be
interested in.
Old April 21st, 2004, 06:57 PM
Howie

DaFlaBear wrote:

Is there such a thing as last minute cruise deals.
Sort of like hotels cutting rates at the last minute or say within 48
hours.
I keep hearing about this but can never find such an animal.

That's because your too savvy.

Old April 21st, 2004, 08:49 PM
DaFlaBear

H,
At least I ADMIT it when I'm asking for advice.
You however, seem to know everything.
I'll bet you've even "touched" Mel Gibson.

Old April 21st, 2004, 09:08 PM
Cruiseexpert

There are quite a few agencies that have last minute deals. The best
one that I have used is Cruisebrothers.com.

Old April 21st, 2004, 09:40 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On 21 Apr 2004 13:08:08 -0700, (Cruiseexpert)
wrote:

There are quite a few agencies that have last minute deals.

Hi,

All agencies have access to any inventory the cruise line has
available.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:55 PM
RTCReferee

All agencies have access to any inventory the cruise line has
available.

If you call a TA and ask about Celebrity's Happy Hour Specials, as one example,
and the TA does not know what you are talking about (without checking into it),
let alone the precise hours these specials are available, etc., does not have
the list at his/her fingertips already, then if you are someone interested in
cruising on Celebrity, you had better take your business elsewhere.

If ever there were something or someone not created equal, it's TA's,
regardless of their "equal access."