Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Old August 14th, 2006, 04:32 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

On 2006-08-13 01:04:17 -0400, "Alohacyberian"
said:

LOL! Well, obviously you DO care or it wouldn't occur to you to claim
you don't. People who don't care, don't respond BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE!
People who do care, do respond, only if it's to lie and claim they don't
care! Thanks for confirming our suspicions. Now go have those extra
desserts and see if they calm you down. KM

Why do you insist on screaming? How long?

Oh, I get it. If you hold out for that last word, that will somehow make
you "right" in your mind! Well, anyway, it's good to know that you endorse
driving across country with expired tags. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or

Old August 14th, 2006, 10:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2006-08-13 01:04:17 -0400, "Alohacyberian" said:

LOL! Well, obviously you DO care or it wouldn't occur to you to claim
you don't. People who don't care, don't respond BECAUSE THEY DON'T
CARE! People who do care, do respond, only if it's to lie and claim
they don't care! Thanks for confirming our suspicions. Now go have
those extra desserts and see if they calm you down. KM

Why do you insist on screaming? How long?

Oh, I get it. If you hold out for that last word, that will somehow
make you "right" in your mind! Well, anyway, it's good to know that
you endorse driving across country with expired tags. KM

Of course I do. All logic, as taught by you and your ilk, says so. :-)

Old August 15th, 2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sapphyre

My gosh, I can't believe this is still going on after how many weeks???

You can have your standards, but you will find every single place in
life, there are few people who live up to them, and fewer who will go
the extra mile.

You come across as one of those cranky customers I have that are upset
that there isn't a pop-up robot clerk waiting for them, and get upset
that you waited an extra 30 seconds to pay for your newspaper because,
*gasp*, I may have had to clean up a mess made by the slob in front of
you!!

Sad is at may be, if you just looked out for excellence in life instead
of setting the bar, you might find people impress you a whole lot
more. And someone like you may not be overly impressed with my
spelling and grammar in English (even though it's not my native
tongue), but when you shop around at stores, you might actually think
I'm the **good clerk** and keep coming back to my store because I
**care** about my job. I do not **care** about posting on Usenet. It's
an anonymous forum to casually exchange information, and while I make
an effort to spell, punctuate, and write properly, I am not perfect,
nor do I ever want to be perfect.

This kind of crap is exactly the reason I don't really feel like
posting here anymore. If I so much as put a comma in the wrong place, I
get this vision that someone's going to knock me down a notch for it
rather than read the question and give me an answer of sorts.

Besides, I thought this was the USA & Canada travel forum, not "learn
to improve your English."

There, I said it. And it's been burning me up for weeks watching this
thread go on. That being said, I'm going back to doing my net searching
on attractions and compiling travel links for my Yahoo! group.

S.

On 2006-08-09 22:43:07 -0400, "Alohacyberian" said:

*Sigh!* No, you aren't going to be able to get people who post in this
Usenet newsgroup to live up to the standards you set for them, so you
might as well give it up. You come off as someone who is grossly
overweight and wants to throw her weight around. Instead of ordering
people around on the Usenet, just eat a couple extra desserts. KM

I really don't give a **** what you, or anyone else, thinks of my
standards. They ARE my standards, and anyone who ever went to school
should have standards not far short of them. If you or anyone else
doesn't like it, go perform an impossible act.

Old August 16th, 2006, 12:40 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On 15 Aug 2006 15:39:17 -0700, "Sapphyre"
wrote:

[...]

Apparently you decided one post too late.

Old August 16th, 2006, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sapphyre

Hatunen wrote:
Apparently you decided one post too late.

I don't read every day... and even so, I don't read every thread every
time I am here. I'm in rec.travel.air for the past few days, just
because it seems to be a good place to have a discussion.

S.

Old August 16th, 2006, 03:37 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On 15 Aug 2006 17:20:07 -0700, "Sapphyre"
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:
Apparently you decided one post too late.

I don't read every day... and even so, I don't read every thread every
time I am here. I'm in rec.travel.air for the past few days, just
because it seems to be a good place to have a discussion.

What happened to "This kind of crap is exactly the reason I don't
really feel like posting here anymore"?

Old August 16th, 2006, 05:58 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sapphyre

Hatunen wrote:
What happened to "This kind of crap is exactly the reason I don't
really feel like posting here anymore"?

Have you seen me posting here frequently, I mean, up until today?
Have you seen me bother to tell anyone a great place to go and visit,
or ask for more travel advice?

Have you seen me do anything but flame others? (Or in some cases, I'm
informing, I don't call it flaming when I calmly inform someone of
information they didn't know, because I gleaned it from personal
experience).

And last of all, when was the last time I posted on this thread?
They've been arguing about my spelling error for like 100 posts now,
and I haven't said anything about it. Until today. I didn't even read
those posts until today either.

S.

Old August 17th, 2006, 09:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"Sapphyre" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

The spelling trolls and the punctuation trolls are people who are very
disappointed with themselves and try to assuage their own feelings of
inadequacy by being as demeaning as they can for the most petty "offenses"
imaginable. There are plenty of people on this planet who are extremely
intelligent, but, not particularly good at spelling English words and at
punctuation. Who cares, especially at the level of a Usenet newsgroup. As
long as the readers can understand what you are stating - that's all that
matters. And the second you see the words of a spelling troll and/or a
punctuation troll, you will instantly know that you are reading the words of
very frustrated, petty, immature people who feel trapped in their own skin
and are desperately trying to escape. Don't give them a second thought, and
just laugh at those people as they torture themselves and beat themselves
with the club that's intended for others. And you probably speak and write
better English than those people are able to communicate in your native
language. The trolls need to lighten up - after all, this is only the
Usenet. KM

Old August 17th, 2006, 09:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"Sapphyre" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hatunen wrote:
Apparently you decided one post too late.

I don't read every day... and even so, I don't read every thread every
time I am here. I'm in rec.travel.air for the past few days, just
because it seems to be a good place to have a discussion.
S.

It is a good place, and it won't take long to determine who the jerks are.
Just laugh at them. KM

Old August 17th, 2006, 09:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

wrote:
Hatunen wrote:
Apparently you decided one post too late.

I don't read every day... and even so, I don't read every thread every
time I am here. I'm in rec.travel.air for the past few days, just
because it seems to be a good place to have a discussion.

What happened to "This kind of crap is exactly the reason I don't
really feel like posting here anymore"?

What business is it of yours? Just because people feel like that one day,
doesn't mean they'll always feel like that. And if you still feel the same
way about every single thing you've ever posted on the Usenet, then you're
what's known as hard-headed, rigid and anal. ;-) Congratulations. KM