Trip to LAX

Old December 11th, 2005, 10:28 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Trip to LAX

Hi, world,

We're a family of 3, planning a trip to LA, staying for 4/5 days to visit
DisneyLand and 6 Flags Magic Mountain. What else should we visit?

Thnaks for any info!

Flavio

Old December 12th, 2005, 02:06 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Hi!

Thanks!

How could I forget it?!?!

What else? Should we go visit celebrities homes? Buy those maps and all?
Chinese Theater? What else is interesting in LA?

Thanks!

escreveu na mensagem
ups.com...

Old December 12th, 2005, 02:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Flavio Silva wrote:
Hi, world,

We're a family of 3, planning a trip to LA, staying for 4/5 days to visit
DisneyLand and 6 Flags Magic Mountain. What else should we visit?

Check out...

Rodeo Drive
Tar pits
Walk of fame
Graumann's Chinese theater
Mulholland drive
Venice beach
Beverly Hills
WB studio tour
TV Show taping
Olvera Street
Sunset Strip at night
Getty Museum

--

Seinfeld Lists
http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym

LOST - ScreenSnaps & Sawyer's Nicknames
http://tinyurl.com/a2r2r
Old December 12th, 2005, 02:53 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"Flavio Silva" wrote in message
Hi!

Thanks!

How could I forget it?!?!

What else? Should we go visit celebrities homes? Buy those maps and all?
Chinese Theater? What else is interesting in LA?

Thanks!

Oh, boy.

Skip the celebrity homes and maps.

The Chinese Theater can be fun -- you'll see hand and footprints of movie
stars, plus the architecture of the building is rather interesting. The
rest of the Hollywood area is, basically, a tourist trap. There are still a
number of working studios in the area but, with the exception of Paramount
(see below), they are closed to the public and there's nothing to except
blank walls.

Skip the NBC tour. If you're interested in how film and television is
produced, make an appointment for the Burbank Studios tour and, perhaps,
Paramount's tour as well. You'll get to see the actual workings of a real
studio, lots of backstage stuff and, if you're lucky, you'll get to see a
film being shot. Just my personal opinion, but watching live audience
television shows isn't particularly interesting -- basically, theater with
cameras between you and the performers.

If you like theme parks, you can go to Universal, but skip the studio
tour -- it's stagey, touristy and has very little to do with how movies are
made.

How old are your kids? LA has some wonderful world-class art museums, but
if your children are too young to appreciate what they see, I wouldn't
recommend it.

Go to Venice Beach and walk (or, if you like, skate) along the boardwalk.
You'll see every conceivable weirdo and LA-type there, and it's quite safe.

For young kids, the La Brea Tarpits can be fun -- lots of dinosaurs and
similar things.

To be perfectly honest, I lived in LA for 20 years and never thought it was
that interesting of a place.

Incidently, you do know, don't you, that Disneyland is not in Los Angeles.
It's in Anaheim and can be a pretty significant drive depending on the day
of the week and the time of day. Count on a minimum of an hour to reach it
from west LA (which is where I assume you'll be staying -- mostly business
people stay in downtown LA, as there is little to do there after dark).

escreveu na mensagem
ups.com...

Old December 12th, 2005, 03:13 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"Flavio Silva" wrote in message
Hi, world,

We're a family of 3, planning a trip to LA, staying for 4/5 days to visit
DisneyLand and 6 Flags Magic Mountain. What else should we visit?

Thnaks for any info!

Flavio

Venice Beach, If in the Knotts Berry Farm area eat dinner or breakfast
there. good meals and resonable. Depending on the age of the kids, sign up
for TV show tickets. To short of time for a lot of sightseeing. A day
trip to Catalina Island would be fun for all.

Old December 12th, 2005, 12:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Hi, P

Thanks for your input!

Regarding lodging I was thinking about staying in Hollywood, Santa Monica or
maybe close to Disneyland... It has to be a safe and not too expensive area,
though.

My kid is a 15 years old girl addiscted to Roller Coasters!

Ok! No celebrity homes. Yes to Venice Beach to see the weirdos!

Thanks again for the tips!

Flavio
"PTravel" escreveu na mensagem
om...

Old December 12th, 2005, 12:58 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Hi, Mike!

Hey, tahnks! This one I'll save for later search on Google!

Thanks

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" escreveu na mensagem

Old December 12th, 2005, 01:35 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Flavio Silva wrote:

Hi, world,

We're a family of 3, planning a trip to LA, staying for 4/5 days to visit
DisneyLand and 6 Flags Magic Mountain. What else should we visit?

Ummm...do you think you could be a *bit* more general...???

--
Best
Greg

Old December 12th, 2005, 04:04 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

[...]

The Chinese Theater can be fun (snipped)There are still

number of working studios in the area but, with the exception of
Paramount
(see below), they are closed to the public and there's nothing to except
blank walls.

Skip the NBC tour. If you're interested in how film and television is
produced, make an appointment for the Burbank Studios tour and, perhaps,
Paramount's tour as well. (snipped)
If you like theme parks, you can go to Universal, but skip the studio
tour -- it's stagey, touristy and has very little to do with how movies

are
made.

Go to Venice Beach and walk (or, if you like, skate) along the boardwalk.
You'll see every conceivable weirdo and LA-type there, and it's quite

safe.

For young kids, the La Brea Tarpits can be fun -- lots of dinosaurs and
similar things.

Sniped

Flavio Silva wrote:
Hi, world,

We're a family of 3, planning a trip to LA, staying for 4/5 days to
visit
DisneyLand and 6 Flags Magic Mountain. What else should we visit?

Thnaks for any info!

Flavio

If your daughter enjoys roller coasters you should also consider Knotts
Berry Farm which is also in Orange County not too far from D-land.