ATM machines in Frankfurt airport.

Old April 1st, 2007, 03:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

Default ATM machines in Frankfurt airport.

Friend is traveling alone to Barcelona connecting at Frankfurt. She
will have no Euros with her. Are there ATM/bank cash machines inside
Frankfurt airport where she can get some Euros before landing in
Barcelona? Is there a map pointing to their locations? I am talking
bank ATM machines, not some private (thus expensive) ATM machines.

Old April 1st, 2007, 04:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank F. Matthews

PeterL wrote:

Friend is traveling alone to Barcelona connecting at Frankfurt. She
will have no Euros with her. Are there ATM/bank cash machines inside
Frankfurt airport where she can get some Euros before landing in
Barcelona? Is there a map pointing to their locations? I am talking
bank ATM machines, not some private (thus expensive) ATM machines.

There certainly are banks & machines at the airport. A few years ago
the most convenient ones were, however, outside the security area and
thus required re-screening. Since I was traveling with my wife she kept
all the carry on bags and keys inside security so I had no trouble.
There may be other machines around but we were not too far from the
entrance so I used those.

Old April 1st, 2007, 04:42 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Mar 31, 8:37 pm, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:
PeterL wrote:
Friend is traveling alone to Barcelona connecting at Frankfurt. She
will have no Euros with her. Are there ATM/bank cash machines inside
Frankfurt airport where she can get some Euros before landing in
Barcelona? Is there a map pointing to their locations? I am talking
bank ATM machines, not some private (thus expensive) ATM machines.

There certainly are banks & machines at the airport. A few years ago
the most convenient ones were, however, outside the security area and
thus required re-screening. Since I was traveling with my wife she kept
all the carry on bags and keys inside security so I had no trouble.
There may be other machines around but we were not too far from the
entrance so I used those.

Thanks. Yes I think she'll need to use ATM's inside the security area.

Old April 1st, 2007, 10:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Peel

PeterL wrote:
Friend is traveling alone to Barcelona connecting at Frankfurt. She
will have no Euros with her. Are there ATM/bank cash machines inside
Frankfurt airport where she can get some Euros before landing in
Barcelona? Is there a map pointing to their locations? I am talking
bank ATM machines, not some private (thus expensive) ATM machines.

List of all banks at the airport he
http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com...1634.banks.htm
Map of terminals he
http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com...6.overview.htm
T.
Old April 1st, 2007, 10:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alec

"Tom Peel" wrote in message
PeterL wrote:
Friend is traveling alone to Barcelona connecting at Frankfurt. She
will have no Euros with her. Are there ATM/bank cash machines inside
Frankfurt airport where she can get some Euros before landing in
Barcelona? Is there a map pointing to their locations? I am talking
bank ATM machines, not some private (thus expensive) ATM machines.

List of all banks at the airport he
http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com...1634.banks.htm
Map of terminals he
http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com...6.overview.htm
T.

There are ATMs both in the public area (landside) and after security
(airside) at both terminals, and in Schengen and non-Schengen areas.

Alec

Alec

Old April 1st, 2007, 10:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

Alec wrote:

"Tom Peel" wrote in message
PeterL wrote:
Friend is traveling alone to Barcelona connecting at Frankfurt. She
will have no Euros with her. Are there ATM/bank cash machines inside
Frankfurt airport where she can get some Euros before landing in
Barcelona? Is there a map pointing to their locations? I am talking
bank ATM machines, not some private (thus expensive) ATM machines.

List of all banks at the airport he
http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com.../13176.overvie
w.htm
T.

There are ATMs both in the public area (landside) and after security
(airside) at both terminals, and in Schengen and non-Schengen areas.

If you've got the time, go for it. The queues at the ATMs at Barcelona's
airport can be tediously long- last thing you need when you just want to
get to your hotel, etc.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
Old April 1st, 2007, 07:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Apr 1, 2:23 am, Tom Peel wrote:
PeterL wrote:
Friend is traveling alone to Barcelona connecting at Frankfurt. She
will have no Euros with her. Are there ATM/bank cash machines inside
Frankfurt airport where she can get some Euros before landing in
Barcelona? Is there a map pointing to their locations? I am talking
bank ATM machines, not some private (thus expensive) ATM machines.

List of all banks at the airport hehttp://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com...1634.banks.htm
Map of terminals hehttp://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com.../13/13176.over...
T.

Great info. Thanks to you and others for the replies.

Old April 1st, 2007, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

"PeterL" skrev i meddelandet
ups.com...
Friend is traveling alone to Barcelona connecting at Frankfurt. She
will have no Euros with her. Are there ATM/bank cash machines inside
Frankfurt airport where she can get some Euros before landing in
Barcelona? Is there a map pointing to their locations? I am talking
bank ATM machines, not some private (thus expensive) ATM machines.

AFAIK all ATMs belongs to banks and do charge for their use.
The charge is on your cc-provider and what's finally charged on your bill is
dependant on your own bank.

Old April 1st, 2007, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

Lennart Petersen wrote:

"PeterL" skrev i meddelandet
ups.com...
Friend is traveling alone to Barcelona connecting at Frankfurt. She
will have no Euros with her. Are there ATM/bank cash machines inside
Frankfurt airport where she can get some Euros before landing in
Barcelona? Is there a map pointing to their locations? I am talking
bank ATM machines, not some private (thus expensive) ATM machines.

AFAIK all ATMs belongs to banks and do charge for their use.
The charge is on your cc-provider and what's finally charged on your bill is
dependant on your own bank.

I'm charged nothing. All banks in the world pass on (tiny) charges to
other banks for the use of their ATM's. The problem is that most banks
are greedy and charge far more than the actual cost they incur, hence
why it's worth finding a bank which doesn't charge for foreign
transactions, or a bank which charges less than the others.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Apr 1, 1:58 pm, "Lennart Petersen"
wrote:
"PeterL" skrev i meddelandetnews:1175394140.250283.242480@o5g2000hs b.googlegroups.com... Friend is traveling alone to Barcelona connecting at Frankfurt. She
will have no Euros with her. Are there ATM/bank cash machines inside
Frankfurt airport where she can get some Euros before landing in
Barcelona? Is there a map pointing to their locations? I am talking
bank ATM machines, not some private (thus expensive) ATM machines.

AFAIK all ATMs belongs to banks and do charge for their use.
The charge is on your cc-provider and what's finally charged on your bill is
dependant on your own bank.

Not true at all. Plenty of private ATM's that don't belong to banks.
Their charges are in addition to charges from your own bank. For
example, the list provided by another poster lists ATM's by Travelex,
which are probably non-bank ATM's.