Freedom of the Seas Makes Her U.S. Arrival!

Old May 10th, 2006, 02:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Freedom of the Seas Makes Her U.S. Arrival!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Royal Caribbean and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Royal Caribbean International's Freedom of the Seas Makes Waves on Her
Maiden U.S. Arrival

World's Largest and Most Innovative Ship Doubles as an Active Vacation
Destination

MIAMI, May 10
With her energetic FlowRider® surf park, cantilevered whirlpools and
colorful H20 Zone silhouetted against the backdrop of The Statue of
Liberty, Freedom of the Seas, the most anticipated cruise ship to take
to the seas in years, made her spectacular U.S. premiere today.

With all of her never-before-seen features, Freedom lives up to the
standard Royal Caribbean created with years of envelope-pushing
amenities. Not surprisingly, it takes a big leap and a large ship to
follow the wake created by the launch of her sister ships -- when
measured from the waterline to the top of the funnel, Freedom of the
Seas towers 208 feet tall, approximately the same height as two
Statues of Liberty, placed head to toe. A few highlights on this
mega-ship include:

* The first FlowRider® surfing simulator at sea, found on the same
deck as the multi-hued interactive sculpture garden found in the H20
Zone water park.

* The first cantilevered whirlpools at sea, suspended 112 feet above
the ocean in the adults-only solarium, which also features a pool
flanked by hammocks.

* Studio B the onboard skating rink open for skating lessons and free
skating during the day while used to stage the original ice show
Freedom-Ice.com by night.

* At 1,215 square feet, the Presidential Suite sleeps 14 people and
features an 810-square foot outdoor living area with a Jacuzzi and
private bar.

* The first boxing ring on a cruise ship in the Freedom Fitness
Center, the largest-ever cruise ship gym.

* The Royal Promenade entertainment boulevard, longer than a football
field and the hub for dining, shopping, bars and lounges and the
midnight parade.

* Samsung Flat-paneled televisions and the debut of the line's new
bedding program in every stateroom.

* A Sports Deck offering guests the chance to test their skill at a
9-hole miniature golf course, a golf simulator, basketball, paddleball
or volleyball.

* Also found on the Sports Deck, a bigger, enhanced version of the
industry revolutionizing rock-climbing wall that first appeared on
Voyager of the Seas in 1999.

Freedom of the Seas was making headlines even before she was
delivered. In a nationwide search conducted with NBC's "TODAY" show to
find an extraordinary "everyday" Godmother, Katherine Louise Calder,
foster mother to over 400 children, was crowned in February 2006
during "TODAY's" Olympic broadcast coverage.

At 160,000 GRT and holding 3,634 guests double-occupancy, Freedom of
the Seas is the largest cruise ship in the world. The first in Royal
Caribbean's new Freedom class, she sails seven-night Western Caribbean
itineraries from Miami calling in Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand
Cayman; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Royal Caribbean's private
destination, Labadee, Haiti.

Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand currently with
20 ships in service and three more under construction. The line also
offers unique land-tour vacations in Alaska, Canada and Europe through
its cruisetour division. For additional information or to make
reservations, contact your professional travel agent.

Old May 10th, 2006, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

* The first cantilevered whirlpools at sea, suspended 112 feet above
the ocean in the adults-only solarium, which also features a pool
flanked by hammocks.

These whirlpools are making the Freedom of the Seas a "must do" for me
and kevin. I hadn't read about the hammocks before, might be intersting.

The Freedom will be featured on the TODAY show on thursday or friday
this week, NBC 7-10AM.

sue
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 10 May 2006 09:47:12 -0400, Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

These whirlpools are making the Freedom of the Seas a "must do" for me
and kevin. I hadn't read about the hammocks before, might be intersting.

Hi Sue,

As you know I will be onboard next week. I will try and take some
photos of the whirlpools.

Old May 10th, 2006, 03:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

These whirlpools are making the Freedom of the Seas a "must do" for me
and kevin. I hadn't read about the hammocks before, might be intersting.

Hi Sue,

As you know I will be onboard next week. I will try and take some
photos of the whirlpools.

Thanks Ray! Any pictures you take of the ship would be appreciated. My
only problem with the ship is that it is so huge, but we have to do
it.lol

sue
Old May 10th, 2006, 03:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 10 May 2006 14:07:22 GMT, Mike wrote:

Tks Ray - one thing I'd like to know. How much larger is the Promenade
compared to the Voyager class ship? Can't seem to find that.

Hi Mike,

I don't know the answer but I will ask when I am onboard. The Freedom
is about 105 feet longer and about 29 feet wider. That being said, I
don't know if that will result in a larger Promenade.

Old May 10th, 2006, 04:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default BOYCOTT LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL FOR ADVERTISING IN RTC

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I received this press release

Ray GoldenAd NOT.

Old May 10th, 2006, 04:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

--

tks again - Our next cruise is on FOS so I'm interested.
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote:

These whirlpools are making the Freedom of the Seas a "must do" for me
and kevin. I hadn't read about the hammocks before, might be intersting.

Hi Sue,

As you know I will be onboard next week. I will try and take some
photos of the whirlpools.

Take lots of pictures please. My mouth is already watering.

Old May 10th, 2006, 06:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default BOYCOTT CRETINS WHO RUDELY ADVERTISE IN RTC

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from

BOYCOTT RAY GOLDENBERG WHO INTIMIDATE OTHER TAs
AND POSTERS THROUGHOUT THE HISTORY OF HIS SPAMS

Ray has used various tactics in the past to form his present SPAM
haven, with brown-nosers kissing his derriere.

1996 rec.travel.caribbean Ray tried PRIVATE spamming

To which Ray Goldenberg of Spamhouse Travel responded via private
email:
Hi Craig,(private)
Give me a call, if I can be of assistance. I would appreciate
your business.

Craig For crying out loud! Is this what you do all day? Scan the
Craig Caribbean newsgroups for suckers to sell stuff to?

In 1997, Ray intimidated other Travel Agents who competed against
his ad:

Ray Goldenberg ,
says that this group will boycott my business
The reason being that I posted only the URL of my site

Really IRONIC and INTERESTING that Ray threatened to BOYCOTT
someone who post his business URL.

In 1998, Ray refined his intimidation tactic on other TAs to
harrassements:

Mr. Ray Goldenberg )
continues to "stalk" me via the internet. In the last three weeks I
have received no less than 15 onsolicated, harassing e:mails from
this individual.

You see, over the years, Ray has built his present SPAMMING Empire
in rec.travel.cruises through every DISHONORABLE tactic known to
mankind, to have molded the present crop of do-nothing yes-man
and Ray-worshippers like piperut and the rest of the rotten gang
who recognized Ray's ADS as ADs, but have been threathened,
harrassed, and imtimidated into their present submission.

I do not yield to AD spamming newsgroup fascists like Ray Goldenberg.

I'll spam HIS ADS as long as he spams using his ADs.

There are already HUNDREDS of posts in the archives (over the years)
complaining about Ray's ADs. None used the BOYCOTT slogans.

Ray will get plenty more of those, in time. From me and from others.
Then he'll see the effect of BOYCOTT.

I hope others will join the BOYCOTT

BOYCOTT RAY GOLDENBERG WHO RUDELY ADVERTISES IN RTC
BOYCOTT CRETINS WHO RUDELY SPAMS NEWSGROUPS
BOYCOTT BUSINESSES THAT ADVERTISE IN RTC AS RAY GOLDENBERT

GoldenAd Spammer NOT.