Bluegrass Takeoff Crash Report

Old February 13th, 2009, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Robert Cohen

Default Bluegrass Takeoff Crash Report

When I heard somebody say last week (commenting on Hudson River
landing) on tv there had been no commercial passenger fatalities w/in
the last two years, I first thought of Lexington not recalling that
Sunday morning's date, which indeed was more than two years ago.

Because just now I found a Lexington crash analysis report-document,
and am linking it because it is interesting

http://www.comairflight5191crash.com...s/updates.html

Buffalo appears at my first glance as ice related

This is my only snow experience so i remember, tho i realize i'm in
Georgia where it
ice storms and snows tho gratefully not routinely as Newark- Buffalo

In a mid February on a Valentine weekend (on a Saturday or Sunday
night) I was in a Delta
from Newark to Atlanta, and semi scared witless because it had
started snowing, and it did take time enough for a plane to ice-up
after de-icer bath--in car it's instantaneous if the freeze is bad
enuff and the car defroster is weak

I am flying in a couple of weeks, and shall remember not to talk &
joke indiscretely in public of my fears, even when the announcer on
the p.a. system caveats and then says, "hava nice ..."