Recent Experience With Yangtze Three Gorges Cruise?

Old September 30th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Peter H

Default Recent Experience With Yangtze Three Gorges Cruise?

I'm planing a trip to China in November and considering a cruise from
Chongqing to the Three Gorges/Yichang on the East King or East Queen.

With the dam reservoir now filling up, I'm wondering if the scenery is
still worthwhile and seeking opinions on the value of that cruise from
someone who has been there recently.

Also, looking for comments from anyone who has travelled with East
King/Queen.

Thank you.

Old September 30th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Peter L

I don't have direct experience after the dam starts to fill. But it's a
huge pond and it'll take many years to fill up.

Old October 8th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Marinaeva

Hope it's not too late to reply. I was there the summer of 2002. I don't
know when the Gorges are supposed to be filled but if you make it before
they are, it'll be worth it. You don't need that many days, 4 or 5 are
enough and keep in mind your trip might be upset depending on how much
current there is near the dam.