Gorilla Safaris & Queen Elizabeth Park

Old March 31st, 2004, 01:01 AM
WayneHazle

Default Gorilla Safaris & Queen Elizabeth Park

Hello All,

I am looking at some tours in to see the mountain gorillas. The company I am
looking at is with Volcanoe Safaris, http://www.volcanoessafaris.com/
The choices I am looking at a Do one of their tours that just do gorilla
trekking or do the one called Classic Uganda and Rwanda. The 'Classic' goes
through Queen Elizabeth Park. I hear the tree-climbing lions are very cool to
see, but I am also reading that QE Park was severely damaged during the civil
wars and the the amount of game is greatly reduced. So I am strongly thinking
of just skipping the Classic Safaris and just going to see the gorillas.

Any thoughts? Is the game in QE Park worth seeing?

Wayne A. Hazle
www.waynehazle.com/travel/
Old April 4th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Chessie

Haven't been to QE Park...but hope to go to Uganda someday. In 2002
I asked a very experienced guide from Southern Africa about his top 3
experiences on Safari. This guy used to be a guide at Mombo...he knows
all of Botswana, South Africa and Namibia, and he has travelled all
over Africa. One of his top three choices was QE Park in Uganda-- he
had been there either in 2001 or 2002. Also: several guides from
South Africa said that they consider the people of Uganda the warmest
and nicest in all of Africa, and the scenery some of the most
beautiful. Everyone wants to return. When I go to Uganda, I'll
definitely take the time to visit QE Park....

Old April 6th, 2004, 04:46 PM
B&B Group

nice information about Uganda:

www.infoafrica.net