I hope that Barack Obama and his W.H. experts will NOTbelieve in what the Augustine Commission will say them

Old August 15th, 2009, 10:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics,rec.travel.misc
giveitawhirl2008

Default I hope that Barack Obama and his W.H. experts will NOTbelieve in what the Augustine Commission will say them

On Aug 14, 4:15*pm, gaetanomarano wrote:
--
I hope that Barack Obama and his W.H. experts will NOT believe in what
the Augustine Commission will say them, since...
--
first of all, the AG hasn't really examined ALL proposals it has
received
--
I've sent them over a dozen emails and links without receive just ONE
answer or feedback!
--
that, despite, I've two blogs that talks about Space from four years
and are regularly visited weekly by space agencies and aerospace
companies, I've contributed to several space and science forums and
blogs with (at least) 8000 posts (so far) in four years, I've
developed and published dozens suggestions about Space, ESAS and
Constellation and, despite, the rocket that will (likely) be used,
could be one of which I've designed and published the concept 3.5
years ago:
--http://www.gaetanomarano.it/articles/005_SLVnow.html
--
I'm not alone in saying that, since, on the HSF Facebook Wall page,
other have claimed to have send documents and suggestions NEVER taken
in consideration by the HSF Committee!
--
since I've not received any answer to my email to the HSF, I've posted
many ideas, opinions and links on the HSF Facebook Wall page
--
well, the (unknown) moderator of the HSF page, has FIRST warned me to
send my ideas ONLY through the HSF-email/BLACK-HOLE, then, he has
BLOCKED my comment privileges
--
but, before and after that, the HSF moderator HASN'T blocked the guys
that posted LOTS of propaganda for the Ares-1/5 and (try to
imagine...) ..."Direct"... (from the homonymous LOBBY)
--
ALL the (7-8) "options" proposed by the AC's "experts" (but, which
kind of "experts" are they, if not able to know EXACTLY the right
choice?) are WRONG and PRETTY SIMILAR, that, since, the AC looks
DEEPLY INFLUENCED by LOBBIES and, with their conclusions (like the big
delays to 2019-2028) they JUST want to demonstrate that NASA,
contractors and new.space companies need MUCH MORE MONEY (maybe, also
the $35 Bn to develop the Ares-1) if the US President did not want to
be the one that allowed NASA and USA to be surpassed by China, Russia
and India in the new (commercial) "moon-race" (that, however, could
happen anyway...)
--
there are SEVERAL OTHER options that can be taken in consideration to
come back to the Moon or go to Mars, but the AC hasn't discussed
"Direct"... (from the homonymous LOBBY)
--
in fact, it's NOT TRUE that $81 Bn in the next ten years are "not
enough" to accomplish ALL the orbital and Moon mission planned and

Sally Ride says we're not going to the moon on the current budget, and
she or another official said if the Aries, etc., system were in place
right now they could not afford to operate it on the current budget.
'If Santa Claus gave us this system,' on the current budget, 'we would
next have to cancel it.'

They are talking about rendezvous with asteroids and such, no landing
on other worlds, as an option. An official said (I read this article
yesterday and am not remembering names and quoting exactly) that he
didn't know if the public would find a space program with no landing
on any alien worlds very interesting.

I agree with that concern. While I am proposing, SEPARATE from the
NASA's current plans, a long term goal of first INTERESTING the public
in manned exploration of the outer planets, and then working from
there to interest Congress, it looks like things are going the other
way right now. I almost think we need to FIRST get the public's
attention by saying, such as in online polls, etc., : "Should we stop
sending humans into space?" If the public disagrees, then, we could
take it step by step: would you like to see humans on the Moon? Mars?
Awesome worlds orbiting the outer planets, such as Titan?

With the expense considered - hundreds of billions of dollars to a
trillion dollars over, say, 2 -3 + decades, the public might decide it
supports this, nonetheless, when one considers:... large, high-tech
programs create hundreds of thousands of jobs directly and in the near
term; in the mid-to-long-term they generate new technology much sooner
than it would otherwise get developed, probably with general life
improvement results, and specifically, medical advances, AND: in the
short to mid-term, MILITARY technology is advanced.

So, if we take on a task which might admittedly take decades, but
which at first BYPASSES the POLITICIANS and appeals directly to the
public, then the public might eventually get behind it enough, and we
and the public can CONVINCE THE POLITICIANS.

The current climate might be depressing for space, among other things.
But I'm not limiting this to the next election nor specifically to the
current group of pols sitting on Capitol Hill (or Japanese or European
or other parliaments, etc.). The goal here is long term: catch the
public's interest first. If that finally works, the PUBLIC will be
ready to kick the politicians butts on this issue.

If the PUBLIC wants to see humans walk on distant worlds*, and come
back and tell us about it....then the public can make it happen!

*[with the other benefits mentioned: military technology advances,
jobs, etc.]

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...88cdca71abc?q=

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...0adaa9129438b2

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...85174eca31c?q=
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics,rec.travel.misc
kT

giveitawhirl2008 wrote:
[...]

One word young man : Ceres.

Key Dates : Vesta - August 2011 Two years from now.

50th Anniversary of Friendship 7 Mercury Flight - February 20, 2012.

Ceres - February 2015. Obama's second term over January 20, 2017.

Plenty of time to sort out the huge mess we have created for ourselves.

You want want an alien world? I've got some land I'd like to sell you.