Paris Budget Hotel

Old January 13th, 2005, 08:55 PM

Default Paris Budget Hotel

I'd like to find a clean, quiet, and charming hotel in the 7e arrondissement
of Paris. No restaurant required and non-smoking would be nice. I've tried
many of the numerous reservation systems and have a compiled a short list
from reading travel sites such as Fodors and Trip Advisor, but I was hoping
readers would have a personal experience and/or favorite they could share
with me that I may not find online.

Old January 13th, 2005, 09:38 PM
judyg

Cheeky, Two that I can recommend on rue Jacob, just on the border of
where the 6th becomes the 7th: Hotel Lenox (style is Art Deco, it
actually has a lobby where you can sit and chat and maybe even have a
drink; frequented by many New York City fashion models) and La
Maronniere, exceptionally romantic and charming though quite small). A
good true budget choice is the St. Thomas D'Acquin (on a tiny street,
called, I believe, rue St. Thomas etc, right up the block from the
Lenox)--clean and accommodating. All are just a short walk from the
D'Orsay and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. For a larger hotel, look
into the Hotel Cayre, where rue St. Germaine intersects with ?, right
across the street from a metro stop.Bon voyage et s'amusez bien!/judy

Old January 13th, 2005, 09:43 PM
JuanElorza

a écrit :
I'd like to find a clean, quiet, and charming hotel in the 7e arrondissement
of Paris. No restaurant required and non-smoking would be nice. I've tried
many of the numerous reservation systems and have a compiled a short list
from reading travel sites such as Fodors and Trip Advisor, but I was hoping
readers would have a personal experience and/or favorite they could share
with me that I may not find online.

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?lang=en
Type of business : Hotel
Town : PARIS 7
Search...
Hotels, Hotels-restaurants
Search... 244 responses

ex.
Hôtel de Nevers A proximité
83 r Bac 75007 PARIS | Map | Photo 01 45 44 61 30
fax : 01 42 22 29 47
Mail :

Hotel de l'Empereur A proximité
2 r Chevert 75007 PARIS | Map | Photo 01 45 55 88 02
Activity : • HOTELS, HOTELS-RESTAURANTS

Cheaper
Grand Hôtel Leveque A proximité
29 r Cler 75007 Paris | Map | Photo .01 47 05 49 15
Mail :

http://www.hotel-leveque.com/tarifs.php
Rive gauche entre Tour Eiffel-Champs Elysées
Un Hôtel ** offrant des services de qualité :
Douche/air-conditionné/Coffre-Fort/TV Sat.
All year long rates
To the attention of readers of Rick Steve book's 2004:
Please take note that a printing mistake has occured in these books and that
Our rates hasn't been updated correctly. Find those rates as follow:

Price for 2005
Single room without shower and toilet 57 EURO Occ. 1 person
Double room with shower and toilet 87 / 93* EURO Occ. 1-2 persons
Twin bedded room with shower and toilet 87 / 110* EURO Occ. 1-2 persons
Triple room with shower and toilet
(2 Adults + 1 child only) 125* EURO Occ. 1-3 persons
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:23 PM
BruceB

wrote in message
I'd like to find a clean, quiet, and charming hotel in the 7e
arrondissement of Paris. No restaurant required and non-smoking would be
nice. I've tried many of the numerous reservation systems and have a
compiled a short list from reading travel sites such as Fodors and Trip
Advisor, but I was hoping readers would have a personal experience and/or
favorite they could share with me that I may not find online.

You also might think about looking at some Paris apartment rental sites and
rent a small apt. We did in the 5th a couple of years ago and had a great
place for 3 for around Euro 100 per day with full kitchen, etc..

Old January 13th, 2005, 11:12 PM
GG

"JuanElorza" wrote in message
a écrit :
[...]

You might like the Hotel du Champ de Mars. It's a half block off the
pedestrian rue Cler and is very charming.
http://www.hotel-du-champ-de-mars.com/ . Since it's very frequently
recommended, early reservations are a good idea. The last time I tried a
couple of months in advance, there were no double rooms available.

GG

Old January 14th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Mark fagan

Jack's list of hotels in Paris, by arrondissment, is impeccable, as are his
restaurant reccomendations. www.jack-travel.com

Old January 14th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Frank Clarke

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:07:49 -0500, "Mark fagan" wrote:

Jack's list of hotels in Paris, by arrondissment, is impeccable, as are his
restaurant reccomendations. www.jack-travel.com

....but the last update was in 2001.

(change Arabic number to Roman numeral to email)