We survived Europe !

Old May 27th, 2006, 08:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default We survived Europe !

Cathy L wrote:

Thank you for the kind words. France and the French people were
wonderful! Now those Italians, that's a different story.

The worst paper was near the Tower of London. It was like wax paper.

Hmm. I think we are getting the trip report -- in bits, all over the
place, assemble it yourself.

I presume that you mean toilet paper.

What was wrong with the Italians?

Glad the trip went well.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old May 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Cathy L" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 May 2006 15:39:58 GMT, "PTravel"
wrote:

Jacqueline wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 27 May 2006 14:31:12 GMT, Cathy L
wrote:

We survived our big trip to Europe! Thirty days blasting around twelve
countries in a bus. We left on April 21 and returned on May 22. It was
the "European Masterpiece" tour by Cosmos. Everything went fine, with
no problems what so ever. We stayed at three star hotels. We figured
we could have taken other tours with more expensive hotels, but we
didn't think we would spend that much time in them. We were right! A
couple of the hotels were pushing the three star rating, while a
number of others were actually four stars. Breakfasts were always
included and were quite adequate. We signed up for over $2,000 worth
of optional events. It kept us busy day and night.

We have never been on a cruise, so it was nice sleeping on a boat for
two nights. On the trip to Greece we were on the boat for 17 hours. On
the return to Italy it was almost 24 hours.

People ask what country we liked best. We honestly can't say. Each one
was unique, with different attractions. It would be great to return
and spend a month in each one.

Cathy
To spend a month in one country is a much better way of travelling
than most Americans do when visiting Europe! They 'hurry' from one
place to the next! That's not enjoying the beauties of Europe!

Please don't assume that most Americans travel this way. My wife and I
don't take organized tours and rarely spend less than a week in a city
That's how all of our friends travel, as well.

There is a stereotype of American tourists, but I believe that is simply
because there were a lot more Americans with discretionary income
travelling
for the first time (up until the last few years) and, as inexperienced
travelers they may be more visible. There's nothing inherently American
about, "if it's Tuesday, this must be Belgium." Rather, it's inherently
"I've never been to Europe and want to see as much as possible."

Jacqueline

Oh, please, please don't assume that most Americans travel this way.
Give me a break!

No, give me a break. It's incorrect to assume that most Americans travel
this way.

I'm going to get real tired, real fast of people telling us how we
should have spent OUR time and money.

I didn't tell you what you should do with either. Mine was only a response
to Jacqueline who thought that your experience is typical of how Americans
travel. It's not.

If you had fun, that's fine. It certainly doesn't make any difference to me
how you travel.

If you're not interested in "how we spent our spring vacation", by all
means block out anything I wright.

What have you wrought?

I didn't respond to anything that you've written. I did respond to a post
by Jacqueline. Are you Jacqueline? No? Then what's your problem?

It's amasing, the last days were spent in Amsterdam, we visited Anne
Frank's house. We bought two books there. The most important message
they are trying to get across is Tolerance. Being respectfull of other
people's choices. Please respect mine.

I respect your choice to this extent: if that's how you want to travel,
fine. Some people are comfortable travelling unescorted, some are not. I
would not, however, want people to assume that this is the predominant mode
of travel for Americans.

You seem very defensive.

Cathy

Old May 27th, 2006, 10:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Cathy L" wrote in message
Cathy

OK, hubby has finished typing on the lap top.

Cathy

Europe Trip
April 21 - May 22

We survived our big trip to Europe! Thirty days blasting around twelve
countries in a bus. It was the "European Masterpiece" tour by Cosmos.
Everything went fine, with no problems what so ever.

And it was a good trip report which I enjoyed reading. I don't think that I
would want to do as many miles in so many days but, having said that, I once
did a 15 day tour in California in which we covered 2,000 miles. It seems as
if you enjoyed the trip and the experience and that is good. and please do
stay in touch with the group. Yes, some of us poked gentle fun at you, but
you soon found out how to retaliate. It was, I hope, all (or most) in good
humour. But one thing Bill didn't cover in his report - did the bus have a
bathroom?

JohnT

Old May 27th, 2006, 11:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

gRunge wrote:

Curiosity, Cathy you don't have to answer them, they are just trying to
laugh at you

Like we do with you...???

--
Best
Greg

"Padraig Breathnach" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...

Old May 27th, 2006, 11:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Runge" wrote:

Curiosity, Cathy you don't have to answer them,

Of course she doesn't. She is a free individual. But she has exercised
her freedom to participate here, and she is free to answer my
question.

they are just trying to laugh at you

********. For a start, I am one person, not a "they". If you want to
make your allegation about my motives credible, adduce evidence that I
mock people other than those, who like you, set out to cause trouble.

And I am interested in what Cathy says about Italians. They don't
usually get a bad press here.

Old May 27th, 2006, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sat, 27 May 2006 18:48:55 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Jacqueline
says...

To spend a month in one country is a much better way of travelling
than most Americans do when visiting Europe! They 'hurry' from one
place to the next! That's not enjoying the beauties of Europe!

Well, 12 countries in 30 days is better than those 7 countries in 9 days
tours of Asian toursits.

I'd like to see someone travel to every country in 1 year. That would
be interesting.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com