Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

Old July 15th, 2006, 08:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Stan de SD

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

"The Reid" wrote in message
Following up to Al Czervik

All this without realizing the French work 35 hours a week, get three
weeks off per year, and take two hours off at lunch to DRINK. Yeah,
that's stupid all right. America *is* Number One -- in hours worked
per person per week.

French unemployment rate: 10%
US unemployment rate: 5%

that's part of the mentality that says US must be right because
its "richer" so lets all flog ourselves to death to own three
cars and a load of useless stuff rather than have a good work
life balance. Ultimately your competing with the Chinese with no
leave, are you looking forward to celebrating 2% unemployment and
no days off at all?
--
Mike Reid
Shetland, Yell and Unst

Nobody is forced to work as an employee in the US. People are free to start
their own businesses if they think they can do better.

Old July 16th, 2006, 04:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
mrtravel[_1_]

Stan de SD wrote:

Nobody is forced to work as an employee in the US. People are free to start
their own businesses if they think they can do better.

If they aren't skilled enough to find employment with benefits while
working for someone else, are they really skilled enough to do it on
their own?
Old July 17th, 2006, 11:12 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Stan de SD

that's part of the mentality that says US must be right because
its "richer" so lets all flog ourselves to death to own three
cars and a load of useless stuff rather than have a good work
life balance. Ultimately your competing with the Chinese with no
leave, are you looking forward to celebrating 2% unemployment and
no days off at all?

Nobody is forced to work as an employee in the US. People are free to start
their own businesses if they think they can do better.

whoosh!!!!
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old July 18th, 2006, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Tchiowa

The Reid wrote:
Following up to Stan de SD

that's part of the mentality that says US must be right because
its "richer" so lets all flog ourselves to death to own three
cars and a load of useless stuff rather than have a good work
life balance. Ultimately your competing with the Chinese with no
leave, are you looking forward to celebrating 2% unemployment and
no days off at all?

Nobody is forced to work as an employee in the US. People are free to start
their own businesses if they think they can do better.

whoosh!!!!

I think you missed a chunk yourself.

Note that I can own 3 cars and a lot of stuff that I want (never mind
if *you* or someone else thinks it's useless) while having a great
work/life balance. A couple of months vacation a year. Or more. 40 hour
work weeks generally. More time with my family than at work.

You have been reading too many issues of the World Worker's Daily.

Old July 18th, 2006, 09:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Tchiowa

I think you missed a chunk yourself.

Note that I can own 3 cars and a lot of stuff that I want (never mind
if *you* or someone else thinks it's useless)

what you probably don't get is that that lifestyle isnt
supportable. We need to consume less, work less and pollute less,
its not really anything to do with what I think is useless.
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On 17 Jul 2006 19:20:27 -0700, "Tchiowa" wrote:

The Reid wrote:
Following up to Stan de SD

that's part of the mentality that says US must be right because
its "richer" so lets all flog ourselves to death to own three
cars and a load of useless stuff rather than have a good work
life balance. Ultimately your competing with the Chinese with no
leave, are you looking forward to celebrating 2% unemployment and
no days off at all?

Nobody is forced to work as an employee in the US. People are free to start
their own businesses if they think they can do better.

whoosh!!!!

I think you missed a chunk yourself.

Note that I can own 3 cars and a lot of stuff that I want (never mind
if *you* or someone else thinks it's useless) while having a great
work/life balance. A couple of months vacation a year. Or more. 40 hour
work weeks generally. More time with my family than at work.

I think you've been tugging your weenie a bit too hard.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old July 19th, 2006, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Tchiowa

The Reid wrote:
Following up to Tchiowa

I think you missed a chunk yourself.

Note that I can own 3 cars and a lot of stuff that I want (never mind
if *you* or someone else thinks it's useless)

what you probably don't get is that that lifestyle isnt
supportable. We need to consume less, work less and pollute less,
its not really anything to do with what I think is useless.

Consume less, maybe. Work less, absolutely not. That's the kind of
thinking that destroys civilizations.

And yes my lifestyle is completely supportable. People have been saying
the US lifestyle isn't supportable for over half a century and we keep
improving.

Old July 19th, 2006, 07:32 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Tchiowa writes:

And yes my lifestyle is completely supportable. People have been saying
the US lifestyle isn't supportable for over half a century and we keep
improving.

Any lifestyle is supportable if the population is not allowed to
expand out of control.

Old July 19th, 2006, 08:44 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Tchiowa

what you probably don't get is that that lifestyle isnt
supportable. We need to consume less, work less and pollute less,
its not really anything to do with what I think is useless.

Consume less, maybe.

definitely

Work less, absolutely not. That's the kind of
thinking that destroys civilizations.

We have to move from using productivity to create more stuff and
pollution to using productivity to achieve efficiency and low
pollution. We have to slow down, air travel alone threatens to
destroy us if we allow it to grow as predicted.

And yes my lifestyle is completely supportable.

across the world it isn't, so unless you aim to find a way of
stopping the new economies moving forward towards western levels,
you have a problem.

People have been saying
the US lifestyle isn't supportable for over half a century and we keep
improving.

the future will prove you wrong, hopefully you will come to see
your mistake as a country before its too late for everybody..
Old July 19th, 2006, 01:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
The Reid[_1_]

Following up to Mxsmanic

And yes my lifestyle is completely supportable. People have been saying
the US lifestyle isn't supportable for over half a century and we keep
improving.

Any lifestyle is supportable if the population is not allowed to
expand out of control.

to support the US lifestyle across the globe population will have
to start falling fast.