Catalina Island in Winter

Old February 6th, 2009, 02:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

Default Catalina Island in Winter

"Sharx35" wrote in message
"Alohacyberian" wrote in message
"Sharx35" wrote in message
"Alohacyberian" wrote in message
Well, I'd hazard a guess that if you ever swam in waters 56.8 degrees,
you'd readily agree it's colder than comfortable (if you surfed you'd
want a wetsuit) as are waters in the 60s, common Catalina summertime
temps. Cool ocean water would be in the 70s, ala Hawaii, (I'd guess
California oceans never or rarely get that warm) and the 80s ala Gulf
of Mexico would be considered warm ocean water, I'd think. KM

You are a wuss! I've swam in 45F water in Lake Chelan, Washington. No
problem.

How long were you in the water? I've been in colder waters than that in
Colorado, but, doubt if I'd advise anyone else it's comfortable unless,
like some others, they're numb all the time. KM

15 minutes, perhaps. I have NO desire to ever repeat the experience. I
prefer hot spring pools, now.

I guess it depends where you live. When I lived in Seattle, I enjoyed
hot-tubs and Jacuzzis. Have been in one only once since moving to Hawaii.
Since it never gets cold here and is usually warm I even take cooler
showers. Though Hawaii doesn't get nearly as hot as Southern California,
the cool ocean temperatures are a treat on hot days and when people have
been physically active. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website view over 3,600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI, and

Old February 6th, 2009, 07:43 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Eugene Miya

Default hawaii was: Catalina Island in Winter

In article ,
Alohacyberian wrote:
I guess it depends where you live. When I lived in Seattle, I enjoyed
hot-tubs and Jacuzzis. Have been in one only once since moving to Hawaii.
Since it never gets cold here and is usually warm I even take cooler

Never been to the top of Mauna Kea or Mauna Loa in winter, eh?
Or even Maui's summit. ;^)

--

Looking for an H-912 (container).

Old February 6th, 2009, 11:50 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
James Silverton[_2_]

Eugene wrote on 6 Feb 2009 11:43:25 -0800:

In article
,
Alohacyberian wrote:
I guess it depends where you live. When I lived in Seattle,
I enjoyed hot-tubs and Jacuzzis. Have been in one only once
since moving to Hawaii. Since it never gets cold here and is
usually warm I even take cooler

Never been to the top of Mauna Kea or Mauna Loa in winter, eh?
Or even Maui's summit. ;^)

It's been a while since I watched the sunset on Heleakela in winter.
Since I've not driven up Mauna Kea (the rental car just about died at
the visitor center before the summit road), I've only touched natural
ice in Hawaii on Haleakala after the sun went down. My family insisted
on staying till all the stars were visible but were glad to drive down
to the tropics afterwards.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old February 11th, 2009, 01:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"Eugene Miya" wrote in message
In article ,
Alohacyberian wrote:
I guess it depends where you live. When I lived in Seattle, I enjoyed
hot-tubs and Jacuzzis. Have been in one only once since moving to Hawaii.
Since it never gets cold here and is usually warm I even take cooler

Never been to the top of Mauna Kea or Mauna Loa in winter, eh?
Or even Maui's summit. ;^)

Oh, yes I have been to the top of all 3 in the winter (they're cold in the
summer, too) - but, they don't have any hot tubs or Jacuzzis up there! :-)
KM