San Jose Tourist attractions

Old April 7th, 2009, 08:28 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
ssylee

Default San Jose Tourist attractions

I'm trying to plan something potentially fun to do for a group of 23
people on a trip in San Jose. Between the end of touring place A and
the start of touring place B, there's a 3 hour gap on May 5 from 3:30
p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Ideally, the activity or tour of a social attraction
should end at 5:30 p.m. to allow commute time to place B. Does anyone
have any ideas of good attractions to go to during the 2 hours? Thanks.
Old April 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
tim.....

"ssylee" wrote in message
I'm trying to plan something potentially fun to do for a group of 23
people on a trip in San Jose. Between the end of touring place A and
the start of touring place B, there's a 3 hour gap on May 5 from 3:30
p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Ideally, the activity or tour of a social attraction
should end at 5:30 p.m. to allow commute time to place B. Does anyone
have any ideas of good attractions to go to during the 2 hours? Thanks.

Winchester Mystery House

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/rates.html

tim

Old April 7th, 2009, 04:19 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Apr 7, 12:28*am, ssylee wrote:
I'm trying to plan something potentially fun to do for a group of 23
people on a trip in San Jose. Between the end of touring place A and
the start of touring place B, there's a 3 hour gap on May 5 from 3:30
p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Ideally, the activity or tour of a social attraction
should end at 5:30 p.m. to allow commute time to place B. Does anyone
have any ideas of good attractions to go to during the 2 hours? Thanks.

No knowing what other attractions you have planned already, how about
either the Egytian museum or the Tech museum?
Old April 7th, 2009, 06:20 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
ssylee

Since the tours already planned are technical oriented, the Egyptian
museum sounds like a good bet. Please keep the ideas coming. Thanks.
Old April 7th, 2009, 08:30 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
The Bobert[_2_]

In article ,
"tim....." wrote:

"ssylee" wrote in message
I'm trying to plan something potentially fun to do for a group of 23
people on a trip in San Jose. Between the end of touring place A and
the start of touring place B, there's a 3 hour gap on May 5 from 3:30
p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Ideally, the activity or tour of a social attraction
should end at 5:30 p.m. to allow commute time to place B. Does anyone
have any ideas of good attractions to go to during the 2 hours? Thanks.

Winchester Mystery House

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/rates.html

The Mystery Spot
http://www.mysteryspot.com
--
Flame on. I have a good plonker

Bobert in Central CA
Old April 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Apr 7, 10:20*am, ssylee wrote:
Since the tours already planned are technical oriented, the Egyptian
museum sounds like a good bet. Please keep the ideas coming. Thanks.

If the group consists of techie types, I would suggest going to one of
the Fry's Electronics stores. They advertise every day in the San
Jose Mercury News, with about 12 pages on Friday.
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:47 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

Calif Bill wrote:

If the group consists of techie types, I would suggest going to one of
the Fry's Electronics stores. They advertise every day in the San
Jose Mercury News, with about 12 pages on Friday.

We want them happy, not ****ed off.

I shouldn't have read that with a mouth full of orange juice.

I remember when loads of tourists would descend of Fry's, with cameras,
and the staff would try to tell them "no pictures." The Japanese
visitors were very unimpressed with Fry's.

I'd definitely choose the Egyptian Museum. It's something very different.
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:10 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

"The Bobert" wrote in message
In article ,
"tim....." wrote:

"ssylee" wrote in message
I'm trying to plan something potentially fun to do for a group of 23
people on a trip in San Jose. Between the end of touring place A and
the start of touring place B, there's a 3 hour gap on May 5 from 3:30
p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Ideally, the activity or tour of a social attraction
should end at 5:30 p.m. to allow commute time to place B. Does anyone
have any ideas of good attractions to go to during the 2 hours? Thanks.

Winchester Mystery House

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/rates.html

The Mystery Spot
http://www.mysteryspot.com
--
Flame on. I have a good plonker

Bobert in Central CA

Actually a neat place. But not for a 3 hour window in a day. The Tech
Museum would be good. Intel has a great museum of semiconductors in the
lobby of the headquarters. Tech is downtown and if you are at the
convention center, an easy trip.

Old April 8th, 2009, 06:38 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 02:47:00 -0700, SMS
wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:

If the group consists of techie types, I would suggest going to one of
the Fry's Electronics stores. They advertise every day in the San
Jose Mercury News, with about 12 pages on Friday.

We want them happy, not ****ed off.

I shouldn't have read that with a mouth full of orange juice.

I remember when loads of tourists would descend of Fry's, with cameras,
and the staff would try to tell them "no pictures." The Japanese
visitors were very unimpressed with Fry's.

I'd definitely choose the Egyptian Museum. It's something very different.

As would I. I've now been there a couple of times, and the first
time I thought the admission price a bit steep, but was
pleasantly surprised that it was actually worth it.