kayaking northern canada or alaska

Old June 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
marianospaz marianospaz is offline
Member

Default kayaking northern canada or alaska

Hello, I am new to the site. I am in the pre-beginning stages of putting a trip together for myself and a couple of friends. We plan on making it atleast a 4 to 7 day kayak down a northwestern canadian or alaskan river. Preferably one that ends near a town. I dont want to be running into other people and prefer to have it all to ourselves. As far as guides, not needed. The three of us are all prior special forces vets that served in iraq and or afghan.

Any first hand advice or advice on who to go to for advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Old June 9th, 2009, 06:04 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rudy[_1_]

http://www.britishcolumbia.com/recreation/?id=145

Old June 10th, 2009, 08:25 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Eugene Miya

In article ,
marianospaz wrote:
Hello, I am new to the site. I am in the pre-beginning stages of
putting a trip together for myself and a couple of friends. We plan on
making it atleast a 4 to 7 day kayak down a northwestern canadian or
alaskan river. Preferably one that ends near a town. I dont want to
be running into other people and prefer to have it all to ourselves.
As far as guides, not needed. The three of us are all prior special
forces vets that served in iraq and or afghan.

Any first hand advice or advice on who to go to for advice will be
greatly appreciated.

You can find better, more targetted information in:
rec.boats.paddle.touring
rec.boats.paddle.whitewater

I have some friends descending a North slope (AK) river at the moment (I
held out for a later in the year glacier trip instead).

And one of these days I will get out to the Queen Charlottes.

--

Looking for an H-912 (container).