French actor urinates on airplane floor

Old August 18th, 2011, 04:24 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics,alt.gossip.celebrities
C'est la pipi

Default French actor urinates on airplane floor

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...-of-plane.html
Gerard Depardieu accused of urinating on floor of plane

It could have been a scene from a scatological French farce - one of the
hundreds of films that have made Gerard Depardieu France's best-known
actor.

By Henry Samuel, Paris

A seemingly drunk Depardieu is caught short in a Paris to Dublin flight
after the seat belt sign has been switched on for take off. With the
lavatories closed, the 62-year-old calls out "I need to ****, I need to
****". But the cabin crew say "non", he will have to wait until the plane
is airborne.

So the corpulent star of Cyrano de Bergerac, Jean de Florette and Green
Card decides to take matters into his own hands. It is understood the movie
star got out of his seat and tried to relieve himself into an empty bottle
at the back of the plane but also peed on the floor.

While the scene may have brought the house down in French cinema theatres,
the real-life incident failed to raise a laugh on Tuesday from irate
passengers of the Dublin-based City Jet airline; they were told Mr
Depardieu's antics meant the plane would be grounded for two hours while
staff cleaned the carpet.

The French star, who was travelling with two companions, was thrown off the
flight with his luggage and told to book another one.

An outraged female passenger told France's Europe 1 radio: "Mr Depardieu
got up, calling out 'I need to ****, I need to ****'" as the plane was
heading to the runway.

"The air hostess replied: 'I am sorry, you'll have to wait 15 minutes until
we are in the air, everyone is strapped in, the lavatories are shut, I can
do nothing for you.'

"He said: 'No, I cannot wait.' He got up, and did it on the ground.

"The hostess was shocked, but nothing was said - everything was done
courteously."

"Mr Depardieu sat down again, and we went back to the plane parking space."

The passengers said she was "outraged" by an actor who "thinks he is not
like others, that he has to abide by their rules. He could've waited a
couple of minutes."

City Jet confirmed that an incident took place but declined to name the
individual involved.

On Twitter, CityJet chose to see the funny side of the incident.

"As you may have seen on the news, we are busy mopping the floor of one of
our planes this morning...," read a first message.

A second read: "We'd also like to remind all passengers that our planes are
fully equipped with toilet facilities..."

Mr Depardieu's agent said he declined to comment on the incident.

This is by no means the famously tempestuous food and wine-loving star's
first brush with controversy.

In 2005, he smoked on a Jonathan Ross chat show on BBC ONE, and branded his
fellow countrymen a bunch of "cretins". Later that year he knocked out a
paparazzo with a headbutt after he photographed him with a female
companion.

Last year, he called a female TV journalist a "slut" after she asked a
question about his deceased son, Guillaume, then dubbed his fellow French
male actors "narcissistic" and "self-satisfied". A real actor, he said was
one who "has vomit on him, who stinks, who has just crapped a bit out of
fear."

Then he caused a furore last August by branding Oscar-winning French
actress Juliette Binoche a "nothing" and a "nobody".

This drew a fierce response from French actors, one of whom, Annie Duperey
said: "Gérard Depardieu talks rubbish. At this stage of his fame and
drunkenness he thinks anything goes.

"He was a great actor but he should shut his mouth."

Mr Depardieu was voted France's third most irritating celebrity in a 2010
poll, behind First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy and film star Alain Delon.

Although lauded as a genius at his best, he has often been criticised for
agreeing to appear in countless flops. Indeed, he recently admitted: "I've
made 200 films, of which 150 were crap".

He had epic, public spats with his son Guillaume, who died three years ago
and who described his father as a "coward, a cheat and lazy" in his
autobiography, Tout Donner (Giving Everything).

On a chat show in May, he repeated over and again in slurred speech: "I am
a piece of garbage."

Old August 18th, 2011, 09:14 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mason Barge[_2_]

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:24:15 -0000, "C'est la pipi"
wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...-of-plane.html
Gerard Depardieu accused of urinating on floor of plane

[...]
While the scene may have brought the house down in French cinema theatres,
the real-life incident failed to raise a laugh on Tuesday from irate
passengers of the Dublin-based City Jet airline; they were told Mr
Depardieu's antics meant the plane would be grounded for two hours while
staff cleaned the carpet.

It's all-too typical of an airline these days, to ground a flight --
costing the world 2 hours x 200 people = 400 man hours -- in order to
clean up a little peepee at the back of the plane.
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:36 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics,alt.gossip.celebrities
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Mason Barge wrote:

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:24:15 -0000, "C'est la pipi"
wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...pardieu-accuse
d-of-urinating-on-floor-of-plane.html
Gerard Depardieu accused of urinating on floor of plane

[...]
While the scene may have brought the house down in French cinema theatres,
the real-life incident failed to raise a laugh on Tuesday from irate
passengers of the Dublin-based City Jet airline; they were told Mr
Depardieu's antics meant the plane would be grounded for two hours while
staff cleaned the carpet.

It's all-too typical of an airline these days, to ground a flight --
costing the world 2 hours x 200 people = 400 man hours -- in order to
clean up a little peepee at the back of the plane.

I have heard from other sources that DePardieu is a pig.
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:40 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics,alt.gossip.celebrities
moviePig

On Aug 18, 11:24*am, "C'est la pipi" wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...erard-Depardie...

French actor urinates on airplane floor

So what? So could anyone. Unless the plane were flying upside down,
it's the ceiling that presents a challenge...

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:46 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics,alt.gossip.celebrities
Obveeus

"moviePig" wrote:
On Aug 18, 11:24 am, "C'est la pipi" wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...erard-Depardie...

French actor urinates on airplane floor

So what? So could anyone. Unless the plane were flying upside down,
it's the ceiling that presents a challenge...

In my opinion, doing either one should gain you enterance into the Mile High
Clubbing.

Old August 19th, 2011, 10:02 AM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics,alt.gossip.celebrities
Ubiquitous

wrote:
Am 19.08.2011 00:15, schrieb Ubiquitous:
In ,

wrote:

Gerard Depardieu accused of urinating on floor of plane

It could have been a scene from a scatological French farce - one of
the hundreds of films that have made Gerard Depardieu France's
best-known actor.

And you posted this off-topic article here because?

1. Depardieu is an excellent actor and a charming one. Even if
he was a bit tipsy when this happened.

2. If he is not allowed to voice his opinion on other actors,
whom he knows, then who is? Is only the press, who don't
know diddly, allowed to trash and bash people?

3. Presumably, he repeatedly asked to go to the toilet and
was not allowed to.

The duties of an airline is to make
their customers, who pay for the flight, thus pay the
salaries of the flight attendants, the pilots, the
mechanics, the board of directors, everybody - in short, the
customers are the ones who pay for everything, without them there
would be no bloody airline - and thus the flight attendants
are obliged to make their customers feel comfortable, NOT
to torture people who may be suffering from a slightly
incontinent bladder!

4. Being a celebrity, he was quite right in refusing to be made
an example of, a fool of, just because some dumbass sterwardess
bitch thought it would be funny how she put a star in his place,
and getting up and pee-ing INTO A BOTTLE - whereby some of it
dripped onto the floor - is a justified action on his behalf.

5. I'll bet he wasn't the first person on a flight to do that -
but they weren't celebrities, and thus probably didn't even
get thrown off the plane.

That's nice, but you never answered the question.

--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."

Old August 19th, 2011, 02:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...-of-plane.html
Gerard Depardieu accused of urinating on floor of plane

[...]
While the scene may have brought the house down in French cinema theatres,
the real-life incident failed to raise a laugh on Tuesday from irate
passengers of the Dublin-based City Jet airline; they were told Mr
Depardieu's antics meant the plane would be grounded for two hours while
staff cleaned the carpet.

It's all-too typical of an airline these days, to ground a flight --
costing the world 2 hours x 200 people = 400 man hours -- in order to
clean up a little peepee at the back of the plane.

You're excusing the oafish behavior, then?

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old August 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics,alt.gossip.celebrities
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...-of-plane.html
Gerard Depardieu accused of urinating on floor of plane

[...]
While the scene may have brought the house down in French cinema theatres,
the real-life incident failed to raise a laugh on Tuesday from irate
passengers of the Dublin-based City Jet airline; they were told Mr
Depardieu's antics meant the plane would be grounded for two hours while
staff cleaned the carpet.

It's all-too typical of an airline these days, to ground a flight --
costing the world 2 hours x 200 people = 400 man hours -- in order to
clean up a little peepee at the back of the plane.

Are you saying they should just IGNORE it???? Most countries have
health regulations, which airlines are expected to observe - I'm sure
Ireland is no exception. (Perhaps they should extend their "no fly"
lists to include inconsiderate, drunken celebrities, as well as possible
"terrorists"!)
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:00 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.travel.europe,alt.politics,alt.gossip.celebrities
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Not only that, but I would have given him a bucket of hot water with Clorox
or Lysol disinfectant and made him clean it up himself; then had the police
waiting for him with handcuffs when he landed!