Bermuda

Old July 23rd, 2004, 02:29 AM
Sue and Dave

Default Bermuda

I have never been to Bermuda before. Can anyone tell me what is worthwhile
on the island to see? Where are the best beaches?

I was thinking of going the first week of October but have read a lot of
rough seas out of NYC ???

Thanks in advance,
Sue

Old July 23rd, 2004, 03:09 AM
Tom & Linda

Hi Sue,

October can be a bit late in the season for beaches in Bermuda - though it
depends on the year. But October might be more golf season there. Maybe
consider a week or two earlier.

As far as rough seas, April is generally considered the roughest month in
the North Atlantic. Though October can be problematic if there are
hurricanes in the vicinity.

Good snorkeling beaches (coral instead of sand, and very calm) are on the
north shore. Tobacco Bay. Shelly Bay.

Best ocean style (lots of sand and waves) beaches are on the south shore.
Horseshoe Bay is world famous. Church Bay is pretty.

--Tom

Old July 23rd, 2004, 04:27 AM
Heather

Good snorkeling beaches (coral instead of sand, and very calm) are on the
north shore. Tobacco Bay. Shelly Bay.

Quite the reverse. Are you sure you have visited Bermuda?

-Heather
Remove CanOspam to email
http://members.aol.com/nookeybear/index1.htm
Old July 23rd, 2004, 04:53 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Heather wrote:
Good snorkeling beaches (coral instead of sand, and very calm) are on the
north shore. Tobacco Bay. Shelly Bay.

Quite the reverse. Are you sure you have visited Bermuda?

Heather,

Must be a difference of opinion between you and Tom. He has been to
Bermuda many times and is very knowledgeable about snorkeling there and
elsewhere.

In the future would you please show who you are replying to.

sue

Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:28 AM
Charles

In article , Tom & Linda
wrote:

Good snorkeling beaches (coral instead of sand, and very calm) are on the
north shore. Tobacco Bay. Shelly Bay.

Best ocean style (lots of sand and waves) beaches are on the south shore.
Horseshoe Bay is world famous. Church Bay is pretty.

Have you snorkled at Church Bay? I never got a chance but I heard that
was the best snorkeling beach in Bermuda. I did not care that much for
Tobacco Bay. Had some very good snorkeling in Castle Harbor. I thought
it was better than Tobacco Bay. It was off a beach but had to take a
boat to get there.

--
Charles

Old July 23rd, 2004, 07:02 PM
Tom & Linda

"Heather" wrote in message
Good snorkeling beaches (coral instead of sand, and very calm) are on the
north shore. Tobacco Bay. Shelly Bay.

Quite the reverse. Are you sure you have visited Bermuda?

Yep. 3 Times. We tried snorkeling at Church Bay and John Smith Bay (both
on the south shore) and it was SO ROUGH that all we did was get thrown
around.

To answer your "quite the reverse". NOT.

--Tom

Old July 23rd, 2004, 07:09 PM
Tom & Linda

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Tom & Linda
wrote:

Good snorkeling beaches (coral instead of sand, and very calm) are on

the
north shore. Tobacco Bay. Shelly Bay.

Best ocean style (lots of sand and waves) beaches are on the south

shore.
Horseshoe Bay is world famous. Church Bay is pretty.

Have you snorkled at Church Bay? I never got a chance but I heard that
was the best snorkeling beach in Bermuda. I did not care that much for
Tobacco Bay. Had some very good snorkeling in Castle Harbor. I thought
it was better than Tobacco Bay. It was off a beach but had to take a
boat to get there.

--

Yes, we tried snorkeling at Church Bay our first time in Bermuda (5-6 years
ago). It was SO ROUGH by the coral... that we couldn't get anywhere near it

--Tom