Priceline advice for luxury hotel in Tokyo

Old October 13th, 2004, 11:44 PM
JW

Default Priceline advice for luxury hotel in Tokyo

I have never used Priceline, and would appreciate advice from somebody who
has used it for either Tokyo or for a luxury hotel.

What price would you offer Priceline for a non-weekend, non-holiday, stay at
a Luxury hotel in Central Tokyo (e.g. near Tokyo Station, Imperial Palace,
Diet Building, i.e. Not Shinjuku, Shibuya, Shinagawa, Ueno, Port of Tokyo,
etc.) in winter ?

Thanks for your advice.

Old October 14th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Chris Blunt

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:44:11 GMT, "JW"
wrote:

I have never used Priceline, and would appreciate advice from somebody who
has used it for either Tokyo or for a luxury hotel.

What price would you offer Priceline for a non-weekend, non-holiday, stay at
a Luxury hotel in Central Tokyo (e.g. near Tokyo Station, Imperial Palace,
Diet Building, i.e. Not Shinjuku, Shibuya, Shinagawa, Ueno, Port of Tokyo,
etc.) in winter ?

I suggest you take a look at the Priceline Asia Discussions forum at
http://p197.ezboard.com/bpricelineasiadiscussions

People there share information on what bids they've been successful
with, so you get an idea of how much to offer for the dates you need
the hotel.

Chris

Old October 15th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Bob

I use Priceline for hotels frequently, but in my opinion it is not a
good deal in Tokyo. My rule of thumb is if I can't save ~ 50% with
Priceline for at least a 4*, I book a hotel other ways. For bidding
help use http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

The hotel I like in Tokyo is the Metropolitan Crowne Plaza in the
Ikebukuro district, which has typical prepaid rates of ~ 12000 yens on
the HI web site http://www.basshotels.com/holiday-inn. Priceline
savings are not great on this hotel.