Need advice for Tokyo hotel

Old February 2nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
Michael Badt

Default Need advice for Tokyo hotel

Hi,
I'll be on a business trip in Tokyo for 3-4 nights.
My meeting will be at the KOKUYO hall (near the JR Shinagawa Station).
I have never been in Japan so far.
Should I look for an hotel in that area, or, in the evenings, another area
is preferable.
Can somebody recommend specific hotels in those areas?
I prefer a fridge in the room, can I find such rooms there?

TIA
Michael Badt

Old February 4th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Hideo

Hi!

There are a lot of Hotels near Shinagawa Station.
Tokyo metropolitan is not so wide area, and a lot of local train run like a
mesh and it comes every few minutes.
So, I think you can choose every hotels in Tokyo area.
Famous hotel in this area is "Shinagawa Prince Hotel" or "Hotel Pacific".
Following sites may help you.
http://www.mytrip.net/en/index.html

Have a nice trip in Japan.
Hideo

Old February 4th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Lucy

Shinagawa isn't the most exciting part of Tokyo, but there are many
reasonably priced business hotels around that area that will cater to
your needs (including fridge). One such hotel is the Prince, for
example. If you want to go out and do some partying, I'd try
somewhere nearer Shibuya or Shinjuku, but that can get pretty
expensive. Trains stop around 12.30pm and taxis are expensive, so
take that into consideration.

Hope that helps

Lucy