Touring in the US

Old March 8th, 2006, 06:04 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Touring in the US

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
om...
Daisy wrote:
I believe St Helens is an active volcano?

From my post of March 3 in this thread:
Mt St. Helens . . . resumed activity a couple of days ago.

Can you tell me somehting about the BC museum please?

Although it isn't called that, it's a museum of local anthropology. It's
beautifully done; truly first class. I wouldn't miss it!

I'd call it more history than anthropology, but agree it's a must-see. That
also reminds me of the Museum of Anthropology in Vancouver at the University
of British Columbia. Great architecture, great contents. Love the totem
poles!

Daisy, Victoria the city is on Vancouver Island. Vancouver the city is on
the mainland, not on the island. I know; it's confusing.

There's also a town called Vancouver in Washington state. It's just across
the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon. Fort Vancouver there is an
interesting historic site.

Portland has a great Chinese garden downtown as well as a nice Japanese
garden near the rose garden. Vancouver has a Chinese garden I'm looking
forward to seeing, and Seattle has a Japanese garden in the arburetum, also
a Japanese-American garden, Kubota Gardens. (Interesting concept.)

Marianne

P.S. Speeds may reach 80mph or so in the straight flat sections of freeway
in middle Oregon and northern California. But you can always go slower in
the right lane. (With memories of the grill of a semi filling up the rear
view mirror of my little Honda Civic, the lower part of the grill only!)

Old March 8th, 2006, 07:03 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

On 3/7/06 5:44 AM Icono Clast "tweaked" on too much Starbucks said:
Daisy wrote:
I believe St Helens is an active volcano?

From my post of March 3 in this thread:
Mt St. Helens . . . resumed activity a couple of days ago.

Can you tell me somehting about the BC museum please?

Although it isn't called that, it's a museum of local anthropology.
It's beautifully done; truly first class. I wouldn't miss it!

Portland is famous for roses

It's The City of Roses. The rose gardens are near the middle of town.

-- __________________________________________________ ______________
One of (as of 2003) 751,682 residents of San Francisco.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ --- http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 ------- IClast at Gmail com

FWIW We Americans aren't very original. Madison, NJ is also known as
"The Rose City". Just for grins maybe someone could Google "The Rose
City" in the US and see how many hits there are. :-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old March 9th, 2006, 03:04 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Portland is famous for roses

It's The City of Roses. The rose gardens are near the middle of town.

There are beautiful circles of roses in Ladd's Addition, SE Portland,
south off Hawthorne just east of the bridge...my sister lives in
Ladd's Addition and the roses are truly stunning in season.....
Old March 9th, 2006, 05:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Try American Orient Express
http://www.americanorientexpress.com..._Explorer.html