George Michael wedding is OFF !!

Old July 26th, 2006, 11:36 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore
[email protected]

Default George Michael wedding is OFF !!

WE'RE FANTASTIC

George shrugs off gay cruising scandal after buying £1 million present
for lover
By Jon Kaila

GEORGE Michael has angrily dismissed claims that his wedding to
long-term partner Kenny Goss is off.

The 43-year-old singer also said he felt no shame since being caught
cruising in a park near his north London home.

The star phoned up TV's Richard and Judy to speak out after newspaper
reports of him allegedly kissing a groping a pot-bellied 58-year-old
man.

In a candid interview, George described his relationship with Goss, 48,
as "fantastic".

He even revealed that he had paid £1million for a present for him.

And he launched a bitter attack against the press claiming he is made
out to be a "gay Wayne Rooney."

George, who has just sold out a 50-date concert tour within 30 minutes,
said: "The truth is, I have no issues at all with cruising.

"They (the press) use words like 'shame' - but that means the person
involved has to be ashamed of their actions - and I'm not at all."

When co-host of the Channel 4 show Judy Finnigan questioned whether he
should keep this side of his life more private, he snapped: "I don't
put it in the public eye.

"I can't do anything."

And he shot down a report on Monday stating Goss had cancelled the
wedding because he had been caught cruising on Hampstead Heath.

George complained that his life was being turned into a "straight soap
opera".

He explained: "Nothing could be further from the truth.

"Kenny is fine. We're fantastic.

"We wanted a nice private small wedding, not a lavish affair, but we
realised we wouldn't even get that.

"We had a lovely 10th anniversary party recently and I gave him a
£1million present."

When Richard Madeley asked what the present was, George was
tight-lipped.

He replied: "I can't tell you what the present was but it cost me a
million, so I reckon ... I would actually have to do something Kenny
dislikes before the wedding was off."

George then predicted that more "nonsense" stories would continue to
appear until the end of his tour of the UK. But he felt he wanted to
speak out, explaining: "I don't want people to think I am a troubled
man when I am not.

"I think I should be able to be what I am to young gay people, a man
who's managed to succeed in the music industry for 25 years.

"I have the fastest selling tour, maybe, in Britain.

"I should be allowed to be a role model to young gay people.

"But this campaign will continue, at least until the end of the tour.

"I think they (the press) want to get me into the Priory clinic before
I go on stage.

"But I have faith in the public and know that public opinion isn't the
same (as what is being printed)."

The cruising claims are not the first time George has been caught up in
a sex scandal.

He was arrested after flashing at an undercover policeman in a
California park toilet in 1998.