antigua, cancun, st. thomas

Old April 10th, 2004, 06:01 PM
kb

Default antigua, cancun, st. thomas

40th b-day for my wife. kids staying behind on this trip in May.

looking to:
relax, snorkel, enjoy good food/drink, some activities, and a little
shopping. maybe a night out on the town.

NOT looking for spring break....

I like the idea of all-inclusive.
Although all arent' AI, considering
antigua - sandals
cancun - moon palace or marriott
st. thomas - ??
st. john - ?? heard caneel bay is nice

Any thoughts?

ken

Old April 10th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Brian K

On 04/10/2004 1:01 PM kb wrote:

40th b-day for my wife. kids staying behind on this trip in May.

looking to:
relax, snorkel, enjoy good food/drink, some activities, and a little
shopping. maybe a night out on the town.

NOT looking for spring break....

I like the idea of all-inclusive.
Although all arent' AI, considering
antigua - sandals
cancun - moon palace or marriott
st. thomas - ??
st. john - ?? heard caneel bay is nice

Any thoughts?

ken

Moon Palace is nice but a little isolated. Consider instead Playa del
Carmen Real Resort Hotels http://www.realresorts.com.mx/ or Royal
Hideaway - Playacar just south of Playa del Carmen. There's plenty of
night on the town at Playa without the Cancun "spring break"
mentality. Plus you are equidistant to the southern attractions Tulum,
Xel-ha, Xcaret. Playa del Carmen also has an inexpensive ferry to
Cozumel which has a lot to offer once you get outside of San Miguel.
If you are a US citizen, Mexico will give you great value for the
dollar. The average exchange rate is about 10 Mexican Pesos to one US
Dollar. You can find out more about Playa del Carmen at:
http://www.playadelcarmeninfo.com/pl...roduction.html
The website has a great QA forum for Playa del Carmen and other Riviera
Maya locations.

If you don't mind the drive from Cancun airport, Akumal and Tulum
(beach) have some great AI and Resort Hotels not very well known by US
Tourists and eager for their business.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old April 10th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Juliana L Holm

kb wrote:
40th b-day for my wife. kids staying behind on this trip in May.

looking to:
relax, snorkel, enjoy good food/drink, some activities, and a little
shopping. maybe a night out on the town.

NOT looking for spring break....

I like the idea of all-inclusive.
Although all arent' AI, considering
antigua - sandals
cancun - moon palace or marriott
st. thomas - ??
st. john - ?? heard caneel bay is nice

My choices in order would be

St. John
Antigua
Playa del Carmen or Puerto Aventuras south of Cancun.

Don't know the hotels, I'm not an all-inclusive traveller, but those
areas are awesome.

Julie

--
Julie
**********
Old April 10th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Jessica Simpson, Sexy Traveller.............

Caneel Bay on St. John is top-drawer, very tasteful, very well-maintained,
and correspondingly expensive. It's your ticket for the manicured tropical
paradise experience, and has the "spa ambience" that women particularly seem
to love.( http://www.caneelbay.com/ ) It's a bit more laid-back than
resorts that are more on the beaten path. Snorkeling in St. John is of
course fantastic. St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie is accessible for a day-tip
by boat ride, and there is a lot of shopping there. Better yet, it would be
possible to stay a night there at one of the local hotels. For this my
favorite is the charming Hotel 1829 ( http://www.hotel1829.com/ ) It's in
town within walking distance of shopping.

om...

Old April 11th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Drew Shuller

Another very active mostly AI Playa board is
http://mytravelboard4.com/playa/

The same page will have links for boards to other destinations as well.

Drew

om...

Old April 12th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Ken Bulkin

Thanks for all of the great advice. Focusing in on Mexico as it is
a shorter trip for us. Narrowed to JW Marriott, Moon Palace, Secrets,
and maybe Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach.

kb
Drew Shuller wrote:
Another very active mostly AI Playa board is
http://mytravelboard4.com/playa/

The same page will have links for boards to other destinations as well.

Drew

om...