U.S. Flagged Ship Cruise Line Offers!

Old March 6th, 2009, 01:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
steelforce

Default U.S. Flagged Ship Cruise Line Offers!

On Mar 4, 4:09�pm, Ray Goldenberg wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from American Canadian Caribbean Line
and thought it would be of interest. �If you have missed any of my
news' postings, they are available on my web site. �

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905http://www.lighthousetravel.com

U.S. Flagged Small Ship Cruise Line Announces 2009 Savings

Save 20% on ACCL's historic river cruises from July through November;
15% on New England Islands & Fall Foliage sailings

WARREN, R.I., March 4
American Canadian Caribbean Line, Inc. (ACCL), a family-operated small
ship cruise line popular with active mature travelers, announces
15-20% savings on select cruises to America's historic waterways
departing round trip from various domestic ports of call.

The 20% savings are offered on the following summer and fall cruises:
Great American Waterways (7/1/09 aboard the M/V Grande Mariner), a
spectacular 15-night itinerary spanning from ACCL's home port of
Warren, Rhode Island to Chicago, Illinois featuring transit in the
Great Lakes, Erie Canal, and Hudson River; Lake Michigan Getaway
(7/1/09 and 7/9/09 aboard the M/V Niagara Prince), a charming 6-night
itinerary round trip from Chicago with visits to lakeside ports
including Mackinac Island; Canals of America (7/2/09 aboard the M/V
Grande Caribe; 8/4/09 and 8/17/09 aboard the Niagara Prince), an
11-night cruise from Buffalo, NY to Warren, RI featuring river and
canal vistas of New York State; Coast of Maine (7/31/09, 8/16/09 and
8/24/09 aboard the Grande Caribe), a 7-night itinerary round trip from
Portland, ME where guests visit quintessential New England coastal
shipping villages; Hudson River/Lake Champlain Revolutionary Trail
(8/30/09, 9/10/09, 9/24/09, 10/5/09 aboard the Niagara Prince), an
11-night itinerary from Warren, RI to Burlington, VT historic region
celebrating the 400th anniversaries of Henry Hudson's and Samuel de
Champlain's expeditions; Atlantic Coastal Waterways (11/7/09 aboard
Grande Caribe), a 14-night journey down the U.S. east coast with stops
between Rhode Island and Florida including the historic Antebellum
region; and ACCL's signature Classic Adventu Erie Canal/Saguenay
River (9/18/09 aboard Grande Mariner), a 12-night itinerary that
navigates from Quebec City to Warren, RI via the St. Lawrence Seaway,
Lake Ontario, Erie Canal, Hudson River, Long Island Sound and
Narragansett Bay. Highlights include an up-close visit to picturesque
Baie Eternite on the Saguenay River. Often, Beluga whales are spotted
en route.

For a limited time, passengers can save 15% on the 5-night New England
Islands cruise departing 7/23/09 aboard the Grande Caribe featuring
unprecedented coastal access to Nantucket, MA, Martha's Vineyard, MA
and Newport, RI. Also at 15% savings are the 12-night Northeastern
Fall Foliage sailings from Warren, RI to Quebec City departing on
9/30/09 and 10/12/09 aboard the Grande Caribe, and 10/3/09 and
10/15/09 aboard the Grande Mariner. This itinerary navigates the
Hudson River, Erie Canal, Lake Ontario, and St. Lawrence Seaway,
stopping at Quebec City with complimentary private bus transit back to
Rhode Island (and in reverse).

Since 1966, ACCL has offered expedition-style cruise vacations aboard
its fleet of three U.S.-flag small ships. Each ship can accommodate up
to 98 guests on unique, casual itineraries visiting places usually
only accessible by private yacht. "Over the years, our guests have
enjoyed exploring destinations from the unique perspective only a
small ship can give. Traveling on our agile vessels is relaxing,
informal and non-commercialized," states Nancy E. Blount, ACCL
president. "Many of our guests are interested in history, architecture
and culture, they are life-long learners. We are projecting an
increased interest with U.S.A. river cruising since the trend in
travel of late is to stay closer to home. ACCL is pleased to offer
savings on these select cruises for our existing passengers and for
those who are new to our cruise line."

The ACCL fleet was custom built by ACCL's sister company Blount Boats
to cruise America's historic waterways. "We are excited to share that
the Grande Caribe and Niagara Prince have undergone an extensive
retrofit," adds Blount. "Former passengers will especially notice new
heads with separate showers and nautical themed decor by a Newport, RI
interior designer."

Regularly, ACCL cruises are priced from $1,385-$4,785 per person,
double occupancy (not including port charges, optional tours,
gratuities and fuel supplement) now priced $1178-$3828. With the
special savings offers, one can save $207-$957, subject to cruise and
cabin category.

In addition to its discounted cruises, ACCL offers cruises to the New
England Islands and the American Heartland featuring river cruising on
the Mississippi, Tenn-Tom Canal, and more. For non-discounted cruises,
ACCL is extending its "Bring Friends" program allowing extra savings
of $500 per cabin if a passenger books two cabins at the same time and
at least one cabin's guests are new to the cruise line. Single
travelers can enjoy extra cost-effective share savings on select
cabins.

ACCL Reservations can be made by contacting your travel agent.

American Canadian Caribbean Line, Inc. (ACCL) is a small ship niche
cruise line founded in 1966 by accomplished Shipbuilder and Designer
Capt. Luther H. Blount (1916-2006), and now operated by his family.
The company operates three U.S. registry and U.S. crewed ships - the
newest fleet in the industry - along the eastern seaboards of the
U.S., Canada, Caribbean and Central America. Each ship (66-98
passengers) features patented designs that enable them to access
remote destinations larger ships cannot. ACCL is a member of the Niche
Cruise Marketing Alliance.

HEY RAY!

Everyone is welcome to participate in the rec.travel.cruises Usenet
news group. We do have one rule though. Advertising is not allowed in
rec.travel.cruises. If you wish to post an advertisement please place
it in the rec.travel.marketplace newsgroup.

HEY RAY! WTF DO YOU CALL THE ABOVE?? A PRESS RELEASE? BULL!

The reason for not allowing advertising in rec.travel.cruises is
because it is prohibited by our charter. The charter specifically
states that Travel Agents are welcome to participate in the newsgroup
as long as open solicitation of business is not done. The reason for
this is obvious. If every TA who has an internet account were to post
his/her weekly specials, there would be absolutely no room to carry on
other discussions. If you wish you may place your agency name and
telephone number in your signature, but please keep it brief. The
majority of the readers of rec.travel.cruises do not consider this as
advertising but rather informational in nature.

We are not trying to censor anyone. If you wish to post ads you can do
so, just do it in the proper newsgroup - rec.travel.marketplace.
Another place that you can advertise is in the World Wide Web.
Personally I think that the WWW is a great place to advertise. If you
don't like the r.t.c. charter, please feel free to write your own
charter and start a RFD/CFV process of your own (i.e. -
rec.travel.cruises.marketplace). But please while you are posting in
this newsgroup, follows the rules of the charter. I've included a copy
below.

While I am talking about posting articles, I'd also like to ask that
users practice good Usenet "netiquette" in their postings. If you
haven't had a chance yet, read one of the many guides to how to
properly post Usenet newsgroup articles. Your Internet Service
Provider should have copies on file available for you to read. Please
pay close attention to the parts that relate to excessive quoting. It
is very annoying to have to scroll through 4 or 5 screens of a
previously posted article just to read a 2 line reply.

Thank you very much for your cooperation in both of these matters.

CHARTER

Rec.travel.cruises is a forum whose purpose is to provide information
and support to cruise ship travelers. Discussion might include (but
not be limited to) the relative merits of the various cruise ships and
lines, ports of embarkation, ports of call, shore excursions, cruise
ship activities, cuisine, entertainment, cruise ship personnel, cruise
ship management and the future of cruise ship travel. Discussions
related to getting the best deals on cruises will be highly welcome.
Such discussions might include early vs. late bookings, money back
guarantees, cruise protection insurance, the use of general vs. cruise
specific travel agencies and strategies for booking your own cruises.
Any topic that relates to cruise ship travel and the cruise industry
itself could be subject for discussion. In addition, discussion will
be allowed on the history of cruise ship and ocean liner travel.

Rec.travel.cruises will:

1) Help the traveler make an informed decision in how to book a
cruise without the pressure of a travel agent (travel agents are
welcome to the group and are encouraged to participate in the
discussion provided that there shall be no overt solicitation of
business within postings).

2) Provide the new cruiser with the benefit of the experience
of veteran cruises.

3) Provide the new cruiser with information as to what to
expect once he or she actually arrives on the ship ready to sail.
Such topics as cruise ship dress codes, dining room traditions,
shopping, booking shore excursions and tipping are all topics that the
first time cruiser needs to be familiar with.

In summary, rec.travel.cruises encourages the free and open discussion
on all aspects of cruise ship travel. Justifiable criticism of
specific cruise ships and lines will be welcome up to the point of
becoming personal vendettas against a specific ship or line. Users
are strongly urged to keep messages of a confrontational or
argumentative nature to a minimum.

Finally, it is requested that articles posted to rec.travel.cruises
not be crossposted to rec.travel or the other travel newsgroups.

Old March 7th, 2009, 07:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 05:08:33 -0800 (PST), steelforce
wrote:

HEY RAY! WTF DO YOU CALL THE ABOVE?? A PRESS RELEASE? BULL!

Post something interesting or useful yourself.

The reason for not allowing advertising in rec.travel.cruises is
because it is prohibited by our charter.

Many, probably most, of us, don't think of Ray's posts as advertising.
There's a little plug at the end, but everyone knows how to deal with
that.

In any case, the people (probably just a few people using pseudonyms,
but we'll never know) who criticize Ray take up *much* more bandwidth
than he does.