Very Worried - what to do with faulty Air Conditioning at the resort

Old June 17th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Sam

Default Very Worried - what to do with faulty Air Conditioning at the resort

I have been reading more and more how this 5 star Riu Playacar hotel has air conditioning issues with their rooms.

We are booked for travel in September. What can one do if one experiences this problem? A common technique is to stall and say it will be fixed "tomorrow" and then "tomorrow" again without the AC being fixed.

If this is a common problem that isn't rectified in a timely manner, then I think that perhaps we should forgo our $600 deposit to cut our losses.

Comments?
Old June 18th, 2004, 04:48 AM
wayne

you just need to be persistent if it is not working the day you check in
complain right away and request another room. When you check in ask about
different rooms ocean view etc ask what is available and how much more it
would cost. Then when the AC is not working request that your room be
changed if they do the old we are booked tell them you know they are not
because you asked when they checked in!

Wayne

Old June 18th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Sam

Default Very Worried - what to do with faulty Air Conditioning at the

Hehe. I did that once before. The hotel manager said that the rooms are all full now. He may have something in tomorrow. Tomorrow came, and he said the same thing. I talked to a different person, slipped him a $20 and he got a better room, but not perfect room. We had 2 sleepless nights at the Royal Solaris (main tower) before being transferred to the Caribe.

"wayne" wrote in message ...
: you just need to be persistent if it is not working the day you check in
: complain right away and request another room. When you check in ask about
: different rooms ocean view etc ask what is available and how much more it
: would cost. Then when the AC is not working request that your room be
: changed if they do the old we are booked tell them you know they are not
: because you asked when they checked in!
:
: Wayne
: