What do Los Angeles locals do for fun?

Old September 17th, 2004, 11:00 PM
R H Draney

PeterL filted:

"Tim923" wrote in message
.. .
listen to the radio while in a traffic jam

That'll help you relax, unless you are listening to those hate radio
programs.

Otherwise it's kind of useless for traffic if you are already in a traffic
jam. There ain't nothing you can do but sit and wait.

Which is why it behooves you to find a station you like...if the Santa Ana turns
into a parking lot (as it does every day, right around Washington), roll down
the windows and just enjoy the tunes...(back in '81, that was where I heard
"Katmandu" for the first time)....

Here's something else I did in '81...seems every time I'd get *off* the freeways
and switch to surface streets, I'd end up on Sunset...so I decided to get it out
of my system...checked the Thomas guide to see where it started near downtown,
pointed the car west and just stayed on Sunset, all the way to Santa Monica and
Will Rogers State Park...took a couple of hours and the character of what you're
passing through keeps changing the whole way....r

If you want a quicker but more nerve-wracking adventure, find a little one-block
street called Fargo in the Silverlake area just north of Dodger Stadium...on the
east side of where the Glendale freeway starts, turn onto Fargo and go up...do
*not* stop or slow down until you get to the top of the hill; it's a 52%
grade...I had the distinct impression my car was going to nose over and flip
onto its back....r

Old September 18th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Todd Kunioka

Hatunen wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:29:38 -0700, "PeterL"
wrote:

The Bradbury Bldg must be the most recognizable movie building in the world.
I have seen it in more movies and TV shows than I can count.

But it's the inside that is so recognizable.

Yep. From the outside, the most recognizable feature is the plastic
display signs that wrap around the top of the first floor windows:
SPRINT PCS, SUBWAY, etc. Very disappointing. But the inside is way
cool.

Todd