Hotel close to new Bangkok airport

Old December 18th, 2006, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DanK

Default Hotel close to new Bangkok airport

Bangkok opened a new airport, Suvarnabhumi, in September. Does anyone
know of hotels that are close to the airport and are priced under
US$100, preferably in the $50 range? I am aware of the Novotel right
at the airport, but rooms there are over $150.

Since the airport is so new, it doesn't yet have the dozens of hotels
one would expect to find around a major airport. I am traveling in
Feb.-March; are any hotels about to open in the next two months?

Thanks
DanK

Old December 18th, 2006, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air
mul

google for hotels at your destination,then use google earth to locate them,
I have used google earth recently to locate hotels near the airport in Faro
Portugal, it worked very well for me
Mul

Old December 18th, 2006, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air
RAK

"mul" wrote in message
google for hotels at your destination,then use google earth to locate
them,
I have used google earth recently to locate hotels near the airport in
Faro Portugal, it worked very well for me
Mul

But beware that in Bangkok distance may not be a good guide to travel to
travel time. Last time I used an off-airport hotel there (from on the old
airport) it took maybe 10 minutes from airport to hotel in a freee shuttle.
Next day back to the airport took over 1 hour as the driver tried to find
his way around 2 fatal crashes on the highway and airport approach,

Old December 19th, 2006, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mul

But beware that in Bangkok distance may not be a good guide to travel to
travel time. Last time I used an off-airport hotel there (from on the old
airport) it took maybe 10 minutes from airport to hotel in a freee
shuttle. Next day back to the airport took over 1 hour as the driver tried
to find his way around 2 fatal crashes on the highway and airport
approach,

Since the airport is so new, it doesn't yet have the dozens of hotels
one would expect to find around a major airport. I am traveling in
Feb.-March; are any hotels about to open in the next two months?

Thanks
DanK

on google earth the hotel is pinpointed,,,relative to the airport,ftom 200
miles in space,,you can see the road network,,
Mul