Flight Search Engines?

Old January 22nd, 2008, 11:04 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Stuart[_2_]

Default Flight Search Engines?

Is there an international search engine that enables you to search for
the cheapest flight between a certain time period (in Months)?

The problem I'm having is that all the online sites require me to
enter exact dates of travel. All I want is to find the cheapest flight
and then work from that.

Kind Regards,
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air
TEP

You can do month-long airfare searches with itasoftware.com

Old January 22nd, 2008, 01:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Dave[_19_]

On Jan 22, 12:23*pm, "TEP" wrote:
You can do month-long airfare searches with itasoftware.com

That is an awesome site.

Thank you very much for that.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:29 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Quark

itasoftware is indeed very useful. note that it does not always report
the cheapest fare. A good way to use it is to identify airlines
serving the routes at the times you want and then go into the
individual airline's web site to get the best fare. In an unscientific
survey I did some time ago I found that the airline web site (I looked
mostly at continental, united, KLM) gave me fares about $20 less than
the fare reported by ITA.

Quark

Old January 24th, 2008, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air
SMS

Stuart wrote:
Is there an international search engine that enables you to search for
the cheapest flight between a certain time period (in Months)?

The problem I'm having is that all the online sites require me to
enter exact dates of travel. All I want is to find the cheapest flight
and then work from that.

Kind Regards,

Check "http://www.vayama.com/" and click on "Deals". It lets you search
by month, though not over multiple months at once. You can also search
"anytime".

Note that Vayama sells a lot of consolidator fares, so you may find
lower prices than you'll find on regular sites like Expedia, or the
airline's own site. It's one of the few sites where you can buy
consolidator fares on-line with a credit card. I've used them once for a
ticket from San Francisco to Rome, and they were several hundred dollars
cheaper, plus the inbound and outbound were on two different airlines
which a consolidator can do, but which usually costs you a lot more from
a regular travel site.

Old January 31st, 2008, 07:32 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Shilpa

its a very good software...you can get discounted air tickets from
http://www.cheapflightstomumbai.com

Shilpa
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Sharkbait

Quark wrote,

itasoftware is indeed very useful.

I agree. Finding a flight is my first concern followed by price.

rg

Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:11 AM posted to rec.travel.air
AES

Quark wrote,

itasoftware is indeed very useful.

How does an individual web user go about *using* itasoftware?

I get to the site http://www.itasoftware.com/ , but don't find any way
from there to access or us their software for finding flights.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:28 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

How does an individual web user go about *using* itasoftware?

I get to the site http://www.itasoftware.com/ , but don't find any way
from there to access or us their software for finding flights.

You click on the picture of the airplane.

Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rudy[_1_]

http://flightaware.com/

Now, THAT'S how to "Find a Flight"