CBSNews: Obama signs press freedom act -- then refuses pressquestions

Old May 21st, 2010, 02:19 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
John Rennie

Default CBSNews: Obama signs press freedom act -- then refuses pressquestions

Mitchell Holman wrote:
"Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"
wrote in
:

Mitchell Holman wrote:
"Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"
wrote in
:

Mitchell Holman wrote:
Bert Hyman wrote in
news:Xns9D7DB4D8EFABFVeebleFetzer@ 216.250.188.140:

In . 130
Mitchell Holman wrote:

Is the president supposed to hold a press conference
everytime he signs a bill?
Since he hardly ever has real press conferences (with
questions), that would be a good start.

No, he just goes to Republican retreats and spends an
hour taking questions from his toughest critics - and on
live TV, no less. But since reporters were not the ones
asking questions it doesn't count, I guess.

Town meetings are not press conferences, no, they aren't,
Holman.
If Obama holds a press conference he is "pandering to
the liberal media".

Is that a quote from me? I doubt it. I think he should have regular
press conferences. I know that many presidents didn't do that
exactly because they didn't want to take the public opinion hit for
it, or perceived hit, but not doing it might also hurt. And I think
that standing up to the questions is part of the job.

Repost for ANY post of yours complaining about Bush
when he set the record for the fewest press conference in
a presidential term.

"President George W. Bush held the fewest first-
term press conferences in modern presidential
history."

Really? So he had fewer than his father and Jimmy Carter and Ron
Reagan?

"Bush has held the fewest news conferences of any President
since Franklin D. Roosevelt launched the forum for give-and-
take with reporters in 1933."
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n9399045/

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...acy_press.html

Another of your famous Double Standards, perhaps?

Cite where I said that Bush should have had fewer press conferences
than he did. Put that right here ------

You rant about Obama not holding enough press conferences
but obviously didn't mind when Bush held even fewer.

Sheesh................

The only way it seems that Bill can get out of the many awkward
situations he finds himself in is to declare that one has posted
a statement that one has NOT posted. He criticised Obama for
not holding enough press conferences, you pointed out that Bush
held hardly any so he asks for a cite where he has said that
Bush should have had *fewer* press conferences. Not only has
he lost himself completely, a common failing, he tells a flat
lie when he implies that you made such a request.
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:59 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)[_3_]

Mitchell Holman wrote:

[...]

Can you *ever* stop making things up about me? Find any awkward
situation I'm in in this group and put it right here -----

is to declare that one has posted
a statement that one has NOT posted. He criticised Obama for
not holding enough press conferences, you pointed out that Bush
held hardly any so he asks for a cite where he has said that
Bush should have had *fewer* press conferences. Not only has
he lost himself completely, a common failing, he tells a flat
lie when he implies that you made such a request.

The person who is lying here is you. I said the following:

#begin quote requote not cut ME
Town meetings are not press conferences, no, they aren't, Holman.
Is that a quote from me? I doubt it. I think he should have regular
press conferences. I know that many presidents didn't do that
exactly because they didn't want to take the public opinion hit for
it, or perceived hit, but not doing it might also hurt. And I think
that standing up to the questions is part of the job.
Really? So he had fewer than his father and Jimmy Carter and Ron
Reagan?
#end quote

So where did I question Obama and not all other presidents? I
didn't. OTOH, as is well know and ignored by you, ever time when
Bush was president, and someone mentioned Clinton's policy or
actions in relation to other presidents, Holman claimed that since
Clinton wasn't president at that time, he was off limits. That same
rule should apply to Bush right now. It's not a defence for Obama
that Bush didn't have enough press conferences.

Oh, and BTW, my last comment in the #quoted material isn't saying
that Bush Jr didn't have fewer press conferences in his first term
than those presidents, as the dishonest arse Holman pretends in his
reply, it's seeking to limit the presidents he's making a claim
about, when he used "modern".
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:25 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Bill Bonde {''It's the last great adventure left to mankind'')

Mitchell Holman wrote:

[...]

Does this claim include Obama?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n9399045/

Put the URL above the quote.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...acy_press.html

Another of your famous Double Standards, perhaps?

Cite where I said that Bush should have had fewer press conferences
than he did. Put that right here ------

You rant about Obama not holding enough press conferences
but obviously didn't mind when Bush held even fewer.

Sheesh................

You are lying again. What rant? This is what I actually said, which
is entirely balanced and fair to Obama and other presidents:

#begin quote ME

--
"It is illuminating for purposes of reflection, if not for
argument, to note that one of the greatest 'fictions' of our
Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:05 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Mitchell Holman[_5_]

Mitchell Holman wrote:

[...]

OBama isn't even halfway thru his first term, Bonde.
Fact remains you said nothing about Bush's demonstrated
hostility to press conferences but are suddenly concerned
that Obama isn't holding enough.

Why is that, do you think?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n9399045/

Put the URL above the quote.

I don't need to take lessons in proof from
someone who never posts any. And someone who
BRAGS about deleting it unread when it proves
him wrong.

"I don't read links before deleting them."
Bill Bonde, admitting he simply deletes the proof
that proves him wrong, 7/7/08

Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:26 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe

Mitchell Holman wrote:

[...]

Don't remind me.

Fact remains you said nothing about Bush's demonstrated
hostility to press conferences

Is that true? I've never said anything about bush and press
conferences?

but are suddenly concerned
that Obama isn't holding enough.

Why is that, do you think?

I think I was replying to you. I wasn't suddenly concerned out of
the blue. And, note, I made the same statement about all
presidents, I said it was part of the job.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n9399045/

Put the URL above the quote.

I don't need to take lessons in proof from
someone who never posts any.

You mean you.

And someone who
BRAGS about deleting it unread when it proves
him wrong.

You keep making this claim and you know you are lying when you make
the claim.

"I don't read links before deleting them."
Bill Bonde, admitting he simply deletes the proof
that proves him wrong, 7/7/08

This is not what I said, Holman. You have stripped the context from
the quote to utterly change the meaning and this has repeatedly
been explained to you. You don't care. This is why I call you a
liar.

--
BP is getting such good ratings on the Live Oil Leak Video Channel
that they are thinking of adding commercials and letting the spill
Old May 22nd, 2010, 04:13 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Brian[_1_]

On Fri, 21 May 2010 14:19:25 +0100, John Rennie
wrote:

The only way it seems that Bill can get out of the many awkward
situations he finds himself in is to declare that one has posted
a statement that one has NOT posted. He criticised Obama for
not holding enough press conferences, you pointed out that Bush
held hardly any so he asks for a cite where he has said that
Bush should have had *fewer* press conferences. Not only has
he lost himself completely, a common failing, he tells a flat
lie when he implies that you made such a request.

Obama said he would have the most open and transparent administration
in history. The bar isn't who had the fewest press conferences. It is
the MOST press conferences. And it isn't just press conferences. It is
who he and the administration is meeting with.

Appearing once before the Republican meeting since last July
definitely doesn't meet the standard he promised he would meet.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 04:27 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Brian[_1_]

On Fri, 21 May 2010 07:35:19 -0500, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

You rant about Obama not holding enough press conferences
but obviously didn't mind when Bush held even fewer.

Sheesh................

Since these rants appear in various forms, I'll repeat the same post.

Old May 22nd, 2010, 04:33 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe

wrote:

You rant about Obama not holding enough press conferences
but obviously didn't mind when Bush held even fewer.

Sheesh................

Since these rants appear in various forms, I'll repeat the same post.

Obama said he would have the most open and transparent administration
in history. The bar isn't who had the fewest press conferences. It is
the MOST press conferences. And it isn't just press conferences. It is
who he and the administration is meeting with.

Appearing once before the Republican meeting since last July
definitely doesn't meet the standard he promised he would meet.

He lied. But Holman likes that.

Old May 22nd, 2010, 05:18 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
GlennR

Hey asshole, just because you ****heads, and other assorted hillbilly
dip****s imply something, that doesn;t make it fact;

" Obama said he would have the most open and transparent administration in
history"

prove he hasn't you peckerhead rednecked retard,

so, like who did that fat cocksucker cheney have at his oil industry meeting
?

Old May 22nd, 2010, 05:19 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
GlennR

wrote:

You rant about Obama not holding enough press conferences
but obviously didn't mind when Bush held even fewer.

Sheesh................

Since these rants appear in various forms, I'll repeat the same post.

Obama said he would have the most open and transparent administration
in history. The bar isn't who had the fewest press conferences. It is
the MOST press conferences. And it isn't just press conferences. It is
who he and the administration is meeting with.

Appearing once before the Republican meeting since last July
definitely doesn't meet the standard he promised he would meet.

He lied. But Holman likes that.

prove he lied gomer,

you retarded hillbillies have nothing but lies and bull****