Panama Tour suggestions

Old July 6th, 2006, 02:50 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
G&G

Default Panama Tour suggestions

Any good suggestions for a tour (co) of Panama? We have visited Costa Rica
5 times, renting a car. Can't do that because of eye sight problems right
now, so a tour would be best. Thanks.
We are 50's and very active, well-traveled.

Old July 6th, 2006, 04:08 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
aaJoe

Any good suggestions for a tour (co) of Panama? We have visited Costa Rica
5 times, renting a car. Can't do that because of eye sight problems right
now, so a tour would be best. Thanks.
We are 50's and very active, well-traveled.

Why be herded like lobotomized sheep on a tour?
Read, and go where you want. One way of meeting
the locals is to go on to chat rooms before going
to try to set up some people to take you around.
Especially if your work at home has something in
common with their life down there. Just another
thing to bring you together. Its not as if you're
going to tromp through the Darien Gap in the rainy
season.
Old July 6th, 2006, 01:27 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
April Grunspan

aaJoe wrote:

Any good suggestions for a tour (co) of Panama? We have visited Costa Rica
5 times, renting a car. Can't do that because of eye sight problems right
now, so a tour would be best. Thanks.
We are 50's and very active, well-traveled.

Check into a week (or a few days) at Canopy Tower (www.canopytower.com).
They have tours from their facility, which is located in the middle of
Soberania National Park, with an observation deck overlooking the
rainforest canopy. Can't beat that!

April G.
San Antonio, TX

Old July 6th, 2006, 11:56 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america

We're planning a trip to Panama too, and are using Isabel at Panama Experts
to make arrangements. This is an independant tour just for us, not a bus
package, but the company seems resourceful and helpful. I don't have their
website at hand, but I'm sure google will find it for you.

Also, we bought the Moon Handbook for Panama, which has a slightly different
take on tourbooks - it's written by one person and is a good read as well as
being a decent resource.

Isabel's email is

I hope this helps,

Keith