Carnival Triumph

Old March 15th, 2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Carnival Triumph

Anyone been on this ship? any likes or dislikes? Im planning on going on May
6th this year to the eastern carribean. I havent booked yet but would like
some input on this ship.
Thanks,
Bill

Old March 15th, 2006, 11:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Bill Henry wrote:
Anyone been on this ship? any likes or dislikes? Im planning on going on May
6th this year to the eastern carribean. I havent booked yet but would like
some input on this ship.
Thanks,
Bill

We were on it last summer for a Canadian cruise ... Good points ...
Large rooms ... good service ... great chocolate desserts ...
Bad points ... This class ship is laid out terribly ... with the galley
and an atrium making people movement from the restauants and shows a
real chore ... and to compound this ... there are elevators that seem
programmed to go past any floor you're on ...

We were also on the sister ship Destiny during its inaugaural year a
while back ... same problems then ...

I don't like that class of ship ...

Old March 16th, 2006, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thanks for all the input! I really want to go on RC but i work for FedEx and
I get Fed Ex discounts through Carnival only. Whats a good RC ship to go on?
There probably all good.....hehe

Thanks again

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
Bill, I have been on this ship 3 times. Not my favorite ship in the
fleet. If you've sailed Carnival before and know the product you'll be
happy. I will also agree with the previous post about the layout. I
have to ask.....What were they thinking when they drew up those deck
plans? If I had the option of this ship or any Royal Caribbean or
Princess ship I would take RC or Princess. But on the other hand I
would rather be on the Carnival Triumph than be at work or sitting at
home. Hows that for mixed signals? The Triumph is not my favorite ship
but its far from being the worst.

Old March 16th, 2006, 11:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Bill, I have only been on Two Royal Caribbean ships - Voyager of The
Seas & Brilliance of The Seas. Voyager was much bigger but loved them
equally as well. My next three cruises this year are all on Princess.
Lucky you for getting a discount. Thats nice.

Old March 17th, 2006, 02:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Bill Henry" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for all the input! I really want to go on RC but i work for FedEx
and I get Fed Ex discounts through Carnival only. Whats a good RC ship to
go on? There probably all good.....hehe

For Royal Caribbean the OPTIMAL ships to go on are the Voyager class
(Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator, Mariner and the new Freedom).
They are BY FAR the best ships out there... period. Not the best cruise
experience if you want something a bit more elegant like Celebrity or
Princess... but from a ship perspective, they're simply magnificent.

A lot of people also like the Royal Caribbean Radiance class ships, but I
don't think they come even close to Voyager class ships.

Check with a few good travel agents. You may find that they get things like
group rates that may be even better than any discount your company gives
you.

--Tom

Old March 17th, 2006, 02:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

For the most part I agree with what Tom said. I think the Voyager had
more of a "wow" factor. But think the service and feel of the
Brilliance was more intimate because it was a smaller ship. I also
liked the feel of the smaller ship because I felt like I got to know
more people on a more intimate level.

The Voyager was probably my favorite ship ever sailed. I will complete
my 20th sailing this year. But I still love Carnival for some reason.
I look at Carnival as being comfortable. I look forward to every voyage
on every ship. Some are more memorable than others but all have their
good points. While I think Carnival is comfortable and more laid back I
think Royal Caribbean is more elegant and grown up without being stiff
or stodgy.

While I mentioned the Triumph was not my favorite ship in the Carnival
Fleet (yet I sailed it 3 times) in one way it was the best cruise I ever
took. I made friends on that ship during my first sailing that I am
still very very close to today. That has been about 5 years now. In
fact I have met up with this couple a few times since in SC for some
beach weekends. Joy'ce and Jeff were the highlights on a cruise that
would have gone down as one of the most forgettable. So with each ship
and voyage you bring something away with you. No matter what ship you
take you'll bring home memories and you'll make your own fun.