This is ridiculous!

Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

Default This is ridiculous!

Each TSA person should be made more accountable for his/her uniform..
How can you misplace the uniform that you are wearing? Sheesh!

--Jean

http://cbs2.com:80/local/local_story_033213306.html

Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote

Each TSA person should be made more accountable for his/her uniform..
How can you misplace the uniform that you are wearing? Sheesh!

--Jean

http://cbs2.com:80/local/local_story_033213306.html

It gets worse... over 1800 missing uniforms and over 1800 missing or stolen
IDs missing in the past 5 years.
http://www.airportbusiness.com/artic...&siteSection=5

But don't worry...

"The TSA does not see any threats or trends associated with lost ID cards or
uniforms."

"We are trained in the business of security.......... "

So a government agency trained in security can't keep track of their own
uniforms or IDs. I know I feel safer already.

--
George Leppla http://www.countryside-travel.com

April 29, 2007 GGC2007 http://cruisemaster.com/pride.htm
October 14, 2007 MOAGC 3 - http://www.moagc-3.com
January 20, 2008 - Adventure - http://cruisemaster.com/adventure.htm

Old February 3rd, 2007, 07:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message
Weren't you the one who told us how professional these
people were, and how we should kowtow to them?

Yes, I was..I was brought up to respect law enforcement officers and having
many in my family, I still do. There is always a bad apple in every barrel
no matter what agency there is...it's the sorry fact of life and human
behavior...However, after reading this, it really disturbed me enough to
post it...I don't hide truths because I believe in respect where respect is
due. I did not say, *kowtow*...I said respect, which lacks sadly in our
daily lives today.

--Jean

Old February 3rd, 2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"George Leppla" wrote in message

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote

Each TSA person should be made more accountable for his/her uniform..
How can you misplace the uniform that you are wearing? Sheesh!

--Jean

http://cbs2.com:80/local/local_story_033213306.html

It gets worse... over 1800 missing uniforms and over 1800 missing or
stolen IDs missing in the past 5 years.
http://www.airportbusiness.com/artic...&siteSection=5

This is really scary, George...They should issue three uniforms and one
badge and that's it. If you ask for another uniform, you hand in the one
that you are replacing and NO excuse for losing a badge...you get fired!

--Jean

Old February 3rd, 2007, 08:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"George Leppla" wrote in message

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote

Each TSA person should be made more accountable for his/her uniform..
How can you misplace the uniform that you are wearing? Sheesh!

--Jean

http://cbs2.com:80/local/local_story_033213306.html

It gets worse... over 1800 missing uniforms and over 1800 missing or
stolen IDs missing in the past 5 years.
http://www.airportbusiness.com/artic...&siteSection=5

This is really scary, George...They should issue three uniforms and one
badge and that's it. If you ask for another uniform, you hand in the one
that you are replacing and NO excuse for losing a badge...you get fired!

--Jean

I would hope that there is some kind of I.D. required beyond just the
uniform and a tin badge. For what it is worth, the reported salary
range for TSA people is $23,600 to $35,400 for agents. Supervisors are
paid $36,400 to $56,400 yearly.
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast near LAX where lots of badges
are missing)
Old February 3rd, 2007, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
news

"George Leppla" wrote in message

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote

Each TSA person should be made more accountable for his/her uniform..
How can you misplace the uniform that you are wearing? Sheesh!

--Jean

http://cbs2.com:80/local/local_story_033213306.html

It gets worse... over 1800 missing uniforms and over 1800 missing or
stolen IDs missing in the past 5 years.
http://www.airportbusiness.com/artic...&siteSection=5

This is really scary, George...They should issue three uniforms and one
badge and that's it. If you ask for another uniform, you hand in the one
that you are replacing and NO excuse for losing a badge...you get fired!

--Jean

The only way to nullify the missing uniforms is to issue NEW uniforms,
completely different than the old ones. May I suggest pink uniforms with
white, fluffy cloth in the rear. Uniforms which look like the energizer
"bunny" and they keep going...and going....and going.
In the future, if some terrorist shows up at LAX in a traditional uniform,
he will stand out like a sore thumb and the "bunnies" can jump on him and
have him arrested, thereby saving an aircraft full of tourists.
Like george, I feel safer already.

JP

Old February 4th, 2007, 03:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jim

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
t...

"Lee Lindquist" wrote in message
Weren't you the one who told us how professional these
people were, and how we should kowtow to them?

Yes, I was..I was brought up to respect law enforcement officers and
having many in my family, I still do. There is always a bad apple in every
barrel no matter what agency there is...it's the sorry fact of life and
human behavior...However, after reading this, it really disturbed me
enough to post it...I don't hide truths because I believe in respect where
respect is due. I did not say, *kowtow*...I said respect, which lacks
sadly in our daily lives today.

--Jean

I do not look at TSA agents as "Law Enforcement Officers" and I still don't
think they are. I know that they should not be! They are glorified security
guards that are funded by the Federal Government. The majority of them are
sloppy, inattentive, and frankly, just plain stupid. I would hate to be a
TSA person that actually wanted to do the job properly and in a professional
manner. I have been searched by them nearly every time I have flown, (I
understand as mostly it is last minute and one-way), but they are very anal
about it. They make a show of wanding me and even though it is plain to see
what is setting the wand off is UNDER my skin, as my neck is bare and they
make me take off my socks, the are still confused as to way even though I
have explained to then the steel in there. They also obviously notice my LEO
badge and Photo ID and take no notice of it at all. Heck, I am one of the
guys you want on a plane if there is trouble! The TSA is riddled with so
many that are incompetent at best and outright thieves in many cases. The
best way to avoid being bothered by them is wear a beard and dress like a
Muslim in robes and headpiece. I have seen them pass them right on through
without a second glance!
Jim

Old February 4th, 2007, 01:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Feb 3, 3:31 pm, "JP" wrote:
The only way to nullify the missing uniforms is to issue NEW uniforms,
completely different than the old ones. May I suggest pink uniforms with
white, fluffy cloth in the rear. Uniforms which look like the energizer
"bunny" and they keep going...and going....and going.
In the future, if some terrorist shows up at LAX in a traditional uniform,
he will stand out like a sore thumb and the "bunnies" can jump on him and
have him arrested, thereby saving an aircraft full of tourists.
Like george, I feel safer already.

They could be like their brothers and sister in Executive
Protection for the Secret Service. They have lapel pins, etc., that
change every so often. That could make it harder for the nasties to
get ahold of a USEFUL uniform. Maybe they get it only after going
through security for the first time. Have it change shift to shift.

Kurt (Glad I could be of help in war on terror) Ullman

Old February 4th, 2007, 02:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"jim" wrote

I do not look at TSA agents as "Law Enforcement Officers" and I still
don't think they are. I know that they should not be! They are glorified
security guards that are funded by the Federal Government.

It is more of an "I'm in authority" attitude than anything else. That badge
seems to be awfully heavy for some of the people to carry. Some are "civil
servants" in name only... they are neither civil nor do they serve. And it
doesn't have to be that way.

Last December we flew to Jamaica from Houston. Ahead of me in the security
line was an elderly woman who didn't have a clue about the new regulations
about liquids. The security agent was very brusque with her... saying that
she could have looked them up on the internet. She replied that she didn't
own a computer. He then pulled a few bottles of shampoo, etc from her bag
and told her that she would have to get a zip-lock bag to put the small ones
in and discard the bigger ones. She nodded and asked him if they had a
zip-lock bag and he told her that she should have done that before getting
in line and she could go back into the terminal and buy one... then get back
in line all over again... or he could confiscate all her bottles, throw them
away and let her pass. She turned over the bottles and went on her way.
The TSA agent was flat out nasty.

Coming home from Jamaica, as we entered security, there was a uniformed
guard there telling everyone about the rules BEFORE they got in line and
Holy Moley... he had a pile of zip-lock baggies that he was giving away for
FREE (imagine that) and he was actually helping people pack their stuff so
they could go through security without any problems.

It is a damn shame that a poor country like Jamaica can take what is
basically an American security policy and apply and enforce it better than
we can.

BTW - while TSA is careful to inspect your 3 ounces of Colgate, boxes and
boxes of uninspected freight is being loaded into the cargo area of your
plane and is sitting right under your seat.

Old February 4th, 2007, 04:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Odysseus

In article , says...

"jim" wrote

[...]

But the flying public don't see the uninspected cargo. They jump through
whatever hoops that TSA demands and feel safe in the belief that they are
being protected. The more hoops they have to jump through the safer they
feel.