Where to find great prices on last minute cruises from Port Everglades?

Old February 11th, 2007, 03:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ventr2far

Default Where to find great prices on last minute cruises from Port Everglades?

My wife and I live 5 minutes from Port Everglades., Ft. Lauderdale. We
drive over the 17th street bridge (which overlooks the Port) almost
daily and we often ask ourselves "I wonder where we would find out
which ships are ready to depart with empty cabins"? There are times we
feel like getting out of town at the last minute and our schedules are
reasonably flexible. Is there a local (Ft. Lauderdale) cruise ship
agent or agency who we might contact?

Old February 11th, 2007, 04:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Ventr2far" wrote in message
oups.com...
My wife and I live 5 minutes from Port Everglades., Ft. Lauderdale. We
drive over the 17th street bridge (which overlooks the Port) almost
daily and we often ask ourselves "I wonder where we would find out
which ships are ready to depart with empty cabins"? There are times we
feel like getting out of town at the last minute and our schedules are
reasonably flexible. Is there a local (Ft. Lauderdale) cruise ship
agent or agency who we might contact?

Almost all agencies get access to the last minute specials such as Royal
Caribbean's "Happy Hour" specials. It doesn't have to be a local agent.

FWIW, these often come out a few weeks before sailings.

--Tom

Old February 11th, 2007, 04:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter

Ventr2far wrote:
My wife and I live 5 minutes from Port Everglades., Ft. Lauderdale. We
drive over the 17th street bridge (which overlooks the Port) almost
daily and we often ask ourselves "I wonder where we would find out
which ships are ready to depart with empty cabins"? There are times we
feel like getting out of town at the last minute and our schedules are
reasonably flexible. Is there a local (Ft. Lauderdale) cruise ship
agent or agency who we might contact?

One of the perks for the upper levels at Princess is that you can sign
up for notification of last minute space.
Old February 11th, 2007, 05:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
joker3304

I signed up years ago and have never received a notification of a last
minute cruise.

Art

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 23:07:52 -0500, Joseph Coulter
wrote:

Ventr2far wrote:
My wife and I live 5 minutes from Port Everglades., Ft. Lauderdale. We
drive over the 17th street bridge (which overlooks the Port) almost
daily and we often ask ourselves "I wonder where we would find out
which ships are ready to depart with empty cabins"? There are times we
feel like getting out of town at the last minute and our schedules are
reasonably flexible. Is there a local (Ft. Lauderdale) cruise ship
agent or agency who we might contact?

One of the perks for the upper levels at Princess is that you can sign
up for notification of last minute space.

no email, just post response

Old February 11th, 2007, 12:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , joker3304
wrote:

I signed up years ago and have never received a notification of a last
minute cruise.

Me neither. I signed up for those and never have received a
notification. They only finally decided a few months ago to send me any
e-mail specials, which I had also signed up for years ago. Finally I do
get those.

--
Charles
Old February 11th, 2007, 01:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter

wrote:

One of the perks for the upper levels at Princess is that you can sign
up for notification of last minute space.

I wondered if it really happened!
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Where to find great prices on last minute cruises from PortEve...

We also signed up for last minute cruises,and when we receive an e-mail
telling us,when we try to book it,they say they never heard of the
offer,this happens a lot on COSTA,and on princess all you can book are
the $$$$$ cabins.

cruise lover

Old February 12th, 2007, 01:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Hate it when COSTA sends an e-mail telling you to wait for such & such a
date,(usually in a few days) then you have only 24 hours to book,then if
you try to get it they say SORRY never heard of it

cruise lover

Old February 12th, 2007, 12:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Feb 11, 8:07 am, Lee Lindquist wrote:

Princess was gracious enough to give pass my email address
around to the other 'leading cruise lines', so I get junk mail
from cunard, carnival, hal and costa.

Kind of makes sense, since all the lines you mentioned are under the
Carnival Corporation umbrella. I'm sure all the Carnival Corp. lines
share mailing and emailing lists - why wouldn't they? Free leads.

Lee

Old March 4th, 2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Lee Lindquist :

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 23:03:42 -0500, "Tom K"
wrote:

Almost all agencies get access to the last minute specials such as Royal
Caribbean's "Happy Hour" specials. It doesn't have to be a local agent.

I think those happy hour prices suck.

I saw a Happy Hour price pop up the same time a client was looking for
a last minute cruise. I called and got a rate $100 less than posted
and this for a single.
--
dillon

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I've never
seen a .sig beat a Sig.