Last Minute bookings in Europe...

Old September 29th, 2003, 10:03 PM
blib

Default Last Minute bookings in Europe...

Everyone seems to think that last minute, at the desk, 30 mins before your
flight bookings are expensive, but, every time I have got a ticket like
this, it has been very cheap, infact cheaper than so called lo-cost
airlines... eg, this morning flight, buying a ticket at the desk DUB -
LON, Ryanair, 295 Eu
BMI 70 Eu,
Even though I have never flowen Ryanair, I guess the service is better on
British Midland

Old September 29th, 2003, 10:33 PM
mrtravel

blib wrote:

Everyone seems to think that last minute, at the desk, 30 mins before your
flight bookings are expensive, but, every time I have got a ticket like
this, it has been very cheap, infact cheaper than so called lo-cost
airlines... eg, this morning flight, buying a ticket at the desk DUB -
LON, Ryanair, 295 Eu
BMI 70 Eu,
Even though I have never flowen Ryanair, I guess the service is better on
British Midland

Was that a one way or return ticket?

Old September 30th, 2003, 10:25 PM
mrtravel

blib wrote:

Was that a one way or return ticket?

One Way

Are you saying that it would not be cheaper for a advanced purchased
Return ticket?

Old October 1st, 2003, 02:43 PM
Jesper Lauridsen

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:03:57 +0100, "blib" wrote:

Everyone seems to think that last minute, at the desk, 30 mins before your
flight bookings are expensive, but, every time I have got a ticket like
this, it has been very cheap, infact cheaper than so called lo-cost
airlines... eg, this morning flight, buying a ticket at the desk DUB -
LON, Ryanair, 295 Eu
BMI 70 Eu,

Had you booked in advance, 54 euro would have been possible (just now for
next monday). If you book well in advance, you can get under 40 euro (13/10).
Those are Ryanair prices including tax. I didn't check other airlines.

--
Don't be sorry to email me.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 12:28 PM
blib

Are you saying that it would not be cheaper for a advanced purchased
Return ticket?

All I am saying is that Gate prices aren't always horrendously expensive.
Also, gate prices for lo-cost airlines seem to be much more expensive.

Old October 3rd, 2003, 12:07 AM
mrtravel

blib wrote:

Are you saying that it would not be cheaper for a advanced purchased
Return ticket?

All I am saying is that Gate prices aren't always horrendously expensive.
Also, gate prices for lo-cost airlines seem to be much more expensive.

I am sure you will agree that this is only in a small percentage of
cases and locations.