Paris Studio Apartment

Old March 25th, 2004, 04:06 AM
Al

Default Paris Studio Apartment

I recently returned from a week in Paris. We rented an apartment in
the 15th (www.parisstudio.net) and were very pleased. We originally
booked an apartment from www.an-apartment-in-paris.com and sent in our
deposit. Because the rentor from the week before us wanted to extend
we got bumped. He offered one of his other apartments instead, but I
turned those down because they were on the 4th floor (european, 5th
floor american) and no elevator.
Derek from parisstudio.net was very helpful. The apartment is in a
residential area away from the tourists so we really felt like
temporary locals while staying there. Two metro lines are a short
walk away and all the local shops are nearby. Right downstairs is a
marche and an Indian restaurant. The apartment is small, but you
expect that. It was well furnished with TV, DVD, CD, telephone, and
best of all (at least to me) a computer with internet so I could keep
in touch with my family and my job back in the states. The apartment
is on the 6th floor (European) but there is an elevator. I would not
recommend this place for any 'large' people. The elevator is about
2x4 feet, and in the bathroom there is only about a foot from the
toilet to the wall so not too easy to fit in. The kitchen has
everything you need to cook most anything, the only thing missing was
a regular oven. There was plenty of hot water, in fact very hot - my
wife burned her elbow just by bumping against the hot water pipe in
the shower.
I would definitely consider staying here again next time I travel to
the city of lights.

Al
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Traveler

Did you have any problems getting your deposit from the first place back?
Was the other apartment you were offered the studio in the Marais?

Traveler

Old March 27th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Al

Yes, he offered me the apartments in the Marais, which would have been
fine except for all the stairs. We travel light but still didn't want
to go up and down 5 flights of stairs every day. He mailed back my
check with no problem.