Dunn's River Falls

Old March 1st, 2006, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Dunn's River Falls

"RichC" wrote in message
. ..

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message
It's unfortunate you had a bad experience in Ocho Rios.
As I said, we always enjoy it there and have had nothing but positive
experiences.
There is even a great little bar/liquor store just before you make your
final approach to the pier called Ocean's Eleven. They always have music
on their deck and great coconut Jamaican Rum for sale in the liquor
store. The best part is that they will DELIVER it to your ship so you
don't have to tote it around.
If you didn't like Ocho Rios then you should never think of going to
Belize!

I'll let you know about Belize. We'll be there in 3 weeks. It should prove
to be at least interesting. Other than the ships tours, what suggestions
do you have for the stop? I've heard that you shouldn't venture off on
your own.

I've been to Belize. I can handle Belize. The Belizean men are not as
big as the Jamaican men, at least the ones I saw were not as big.

Old March 1st, 2006, 06:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

My experience was 20 yrs ago. The cruise ship stopped at Ocho Rios. The
bus tour started there. The first stop was at a building that had lace.
As we entered there were boys on the porch who also demaned that we buy
their homemade toys. When we came back outside same thing. We returned
to the bus and they continued harassing us thru the windows.
On to the Falls. Same thing. Had to hide in the bus to feel safe. We did
go thru the Marketplace. It was ok. No harassment there. The bus driver
stopped at a small coutry store and asked who would like some of their
beer. He alone went to buy it and told us to keep the door of the bus
lockee and not to open it for anyone but him.

I did not buy anthing in Jamaica and I would never go back there.

Old March 1st, 2006, 10:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

You heard right,do not venture off on your own in jamaica,or belize,do
not want to return to either place,and if a cruise we take goes there,we
will stay on board the ship.

(.a cruise lover.)

Old March 1st, 2006, 10:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"RichC" wrote in message
. ..

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message
It's unfortunate you had a bad experience in Ocho Rios.
As I said, we always enjoy it there and have had nothing but positive
experiences.
There is even a great little bar/liquor store just before you make your
final approach to the pier called Ocean's Eleven. They always have music
on their deck and great coconut Jamaican Rum for sale in the liquor
store. The best part is that they will DELIVER it to your ship so you
don't have to tote it around.
If you didn't like Ocho Rios then you should never think of going to
Belize!

I'll let you know about Belize. We'll be there in 3 weeks. It should prove
to be at least interesting. Other than the ships tours, what suggestions
do you have for the stop? I've heard that you shouldn't venture off on
your own.

The cruise ships park out in the ocean and you are tendered to the
port/shopping area. The port/shopping area is blocked in to keep the
Belizean out (except for the ones that are supposed to be there.) When I
was there last year I did see some security guards walk around keeping an
eye on everything. The port/shopping area seems safe. If you go out of the
shopping area/port you will have to show your cruising card to get back in.
That's how it worked for us. After we got back from our excursion we got
off the bus to be met with about eight people begging for money - our tour
guides told the beggars to stay away but we did have to walk past them. To
get back thru the fence and into the shopping port we had to flash our Royal
Caribbean cards.

My brother and his wife did not go on an excursion. They decided to
walk around the shopping area. There is a building outside the fence that
says "Free Pirate Museum." So my brother and his wife walked out of the
shopping area, across the street, and headed towards the museum. They were
instantly surrounded by people begging for money. The decided to turn
around and head back into the fenced in port.

Belize City sure isn't much of a city. This is their capital? I hope
not. Ever watch Gilligan's Island? A lot of the homes around Belize City
aren't much better than the huts Gilligan and his friends lived in.

Anyway, this was my first encounter with beggars. I've been thinking of
taking my money out the bank, selling everything, and move to Belize! A
poor American man can be a rich man down there! A rich American can be a
king! I could buy be six or seven wives and live like a sultan!

Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I had posted this before so this is not new. The walkway from the the
ship terminal along the beach is where alot of hookers look for
business. Last time I was there I was approched by three diffrent women
(dirty, skanky, open wounds on hands & face). Even after saying no they
continue to follow you and put their skanky hands on you. Drugs are
everytwhere and you will be asked hundreds of times. Montego Bay wasn't
nearly as bad. Still had a few street hustlers but not nearly as many.
I don't think I've ever been to an island where the locals act like they
do in Jamacia. Its a shame because its an island I would like to see
more of. But refuse to. I always write on my comment card...."skip
Jamacia".

Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
I had posted this before so this is not new. The walkway from the the
ship terminal along the beach is where alot of hookers look for
business. Last time I was there I was approched by three diffrent women
(dirty, skanky, open wounds on hands & face). Even after saying no they
continue to follow you and put their skanky hands on you. Drugs are
everytwhere and you will be asked hundreds of times.

Yeah, I read in one of my guide books that Belize City has a bad crack
drug problem.

Old March 2nd, 2006, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Aruba has a problem with teen girls going missing

Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "number6" :

wrote:
Aruba has a problem with teen girls going missing

millions visit .. one missing ...
want to check out stats for say New York City ??

18 year old gets drunk in a foreign country ... hooks up with a
stranger ... to have sex on the beach ... away from people ... wee
hours of the morning ...
and people are surprised something very bad can happen ???

It's more likely that bigjim (and smallwilly?) has a burr up his butt.
--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dont you people get sarcasm? Thats the point. Anything can
happen-anywhere.