Advice needed for trip to Hurghada, Egypt

Old July 16th, 2006, 10:18 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Cole Evans

Default Advice needed for trip to Hurghada, Egypt

Dear Group

My partner and I have booked a one week trip to Hurghda Egypt for the
end of the July. I'd be happy if I could get some advice on the
following (or handy references).

Airport Transfer
As our arrival time is at nighttime, we are looking for a safe value for
money for transferring from Hurghada Airport to our hotel in Makadi Bay
,would you have any idea of how much we should be paying in Egyptian
pounds for the taxi journey? can anyone recommend any reputable taxi
operators, can these be booked in advance, what safety tips

Safari
Can anyone recommend any good safari tour operators,who operate from
Hurgha? We are looking for good quality half day or one day excursions.
We don't wished to be ripped off by the hotel deals, or tourist traps.

Diving
Do you have any insights to to snorkeling in Hurghada. Can anyone
recommend a good operator, for beginners?

Public Transportation
I also also to see the sites visit Cairo, the pyramids and other sites.
I was wondering if you have any advice on the best way to go about this.
I noticed some firms offer a day trip and others an overnight stay or
longer. What would you recommend for a whistle-stop tour and can it be
done on a budget. Any indication of cost would be very helpful

Any other advice welcome...I would be grateful for replies directly to
the group

Cole Evans
Old July 16th, 2006, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Dave Patterson

I am guessing you realize how hot it will be in July.

An excursion to Cairo by plane can be seen he
http://www.hostelworld.com/tours/tou...geceyxf f2tm6

A Cairo trip by road - to be of any real value to you - would take about

half your week. Might be best to save that for another trip.