Filthy airplanes

Old August 8th, 2006, 08:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air
-L.[_1_]

Default Filthy airplanes

I have discussed this before, but just flew Delta PDX-ATL-BMI RT and
had *the* filthiest airplane I have ever seen. It was a CRJ-200 -
everything around the seats was covered in grime. The floor was
disgusting, the controls for the lights were grimy. Crap in the seat
pockets - Yuck! Then flying the last leg from ATL-PDX tried to use the
bathroom to change my son's diaper. No changing table, and the toilet
seat cover and floor was covered in urine. I opened the door to the
lav and asked the FA if they had anything to clean up urine with. The
answer: "Use a paper towel!" I was horrified. So I squirted some soap
on a paper towel and cleaned the **** up, opened the toilet and there
was BLOOD on the toilet seat. Utterly disgusting! Why the **** don't
the flight attendants have sanitizing cleaners to use in the bathrooms?
This is beyond disgusting. Delta is getting a nice letter from me in
the mail....

-L.

Old August 8th, 2006, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Gregory Morrow[_3_]

-L. wrote:

I have discussed this before, but just flew Delta PDX-ATL-BMI RT and
had *the* filthiest airplane I have ever seen. It was a CRJ-200 -
everything around the seats was covered in grime. The floor was
disgusting, the controls for the lights were grimy. Crap in the seat
pockets - Yuck! Then flying the last leg from ATL-PDX tried to use the
bathroom to change my son's diaper.

The thing that's really "Yuck!" is the fact that you are dragging around a
toddler on a plane. Why didn't you just leave it at home with somebody?
It's much too young to get any "enjoyment" out of a trip...

No changing table, and the toilet
seat cover and floor was covered in urine. I opened the door to the
lav and asked the FA if they had anything to clean up urine with. The
answer: "Use a paper towel!" I was horrified. So I squirted some soap
on a paper towel and cleaned the **** up, opened the toilet and there
was BLOOD on the toilet seat. Utterly disgusting! Why the **** don't
the flight attendants have sanitizing cleaners to use in the bathrooms?

Because that's the job of the CABIN CLEANING CREW, they'll clean the loos
when the plane is turned around...

And if you were HALF as smart as you claim to be you'd ALWAYS take along
along a bunch of handi - wipes or whatever for clean - up. Heck, every time
I leave the house I have my backpack and it is "stocked" with a bunch of
handi - wipes, a tube of that spray sanitizing cleanser, and lotsa tissues.
Buses, handrails, door knobs, etc. are FILTHY and one has to think and plan
"pro - actively" in the matters of hygiene. Planes especially can be fairly
filthy environments, you should know this...

This is beyond disgusting. Delta is getting a nice letter from me in
the mail....

Yawn...they'll get a good laff outta THAT one...

--
Best
Greg

Old August 8th, 2006, 12:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Shawn Hirn

In article . com,
"-L." wrote:

[...]

Is rec.travel.air the only place where you wrote about this problem?
What would make sense is to write to Delta's CEO via snail mail to
complain. I seriously doubt the senior officers at Delta read this
newsgroup.
Old August 8th, 2006, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air
James Robinson

Shawn Hirn wrote:

In article . com,
"-L." wrote:

[...]

Do I interpret the last line of the letter differently than you?

"Delta is getting a nice letter from me in the mail...."

It seems the poster has already thought of your idea.
Old August 8th, 2006, 02:41 PM posted to rec.travel.air
James Robinson

"Gregory Morrow" wrote:

-L. wrote:

[...]

Many airlines, particularly those that fly intercontinental flights,
require cabin crews to make regular checks of the bathrooms, and tidy
them up. Crews on shorter flights tend to get pretty lax about it.
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air
glenn P

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
I have discussed this before, but just flew Delta PDX-ATL-BMI RT and
had *the* filthiest airplane I have ever seen. It was a CRJ-200 -
everything around the seats was covered in grime. The floor was
disgusting, the controls for the lights were grimy. Crap in the seat
pockets - Yuck! Then flying the last leg from ATL-PDX tried to use the
bathroom to change my son's diaper. No changing table, and the toilet
seat cover and floor was covered in urine.

The FAs aren't psychic, and probably didn't know about the situation until
you told them.

I opened the door to the
lav and asked the FA if they had anything to clean up urine with. The
answer: "Use a paper towel!"

You apparently ASKED if they had anything to clean it up with, instead of
asking them to clean it up, to do which they are explaining to you, would
involve the use of a "paper towel".

I was horrified. So I squirted some soap
on a paper towel and cleaned the **** up,

"****" is actually quite harmless in reality, composed of very finely
filtered substances. Being a water-based fluid, you need not have used soap
to clean it up.

opened the toilet and there
was BLOOD on the toilet seat. Utterly disgusting! Why the **** don't
the flight attendants have sanitizing cleaners to use in the bathrooms?

Probably because over-"sanitizing" our world is one of the best known ways
to create super bugs. Staph-A probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for
hospitals...

This is beyond disgusting. Delta is getting a nice letter from me in
the mail....

-L.

In biology, we tend to use the maxim "the world is covered in a thin layer
of faeces" - (probably a lot of other things mixed in there as well). I
guess some aircraft seem to have thicker layers than you're used to!?!

Old August 8th, 2006, 11:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air
-L.[_1_]

glenn P wrote:
You apparently ASKED if they had anything to clean it up with, instead of
asking them to clean it up, to do which they are explaining to you, would
involve the use of a "paper towel".

It was pretty freaking obvious what I was asking. I am holding a 30-lb
2 year old toddler and there's **** *everywhere* which they clearly
saw. Honestly, I wouldn't even have been quite as disgusted had they
been able to hand me a bottle of sanitizer. The fact is, they did
NOTHING and had NOTHING with which to clean up the mess.

I was horrified. So I squirted some soap
on a paper towel and cleaned the **** up,

"****" is actually quite harmless in reality, composed of very finely
filtered substances. Being a water-based fluid, you need not have used soap
to clean it up.

Maybe you want to stand on ****-covered floors but I don't and I don't
want my son to do so, either.

opened the toilet and there
was BLOOD on the toilet seat. Utterly disgusting! Why the **** don't
the flight attendants have sanitizing cleaners to use in the bathrooms?

Probably because over-"sanitizing" our world is one of the best known ways
to create super bugs. Staph-A probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for
hospitals...

Blood is a health and safety risk. The flight attendants need to have
some sort of sanitizer for cleaning up such messes. There is no
excuse.

-L.

Old August 8th, 2006, 11:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
-L.[_1_]

Gregory Morrow wrote:

The thing that's really "Yuck!" is the fact that you are dragging around a
toddler on a plane. Why didn't you just leave it at home with somebody?
It's much too young to get any "enjoyment" out of a trip...

My son has just as much right to travel as you do. If you don't like
that fact, boycott the airlines. One less asshole we will have to deal
with...

-L.

Old August 9th, 2006, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.food.cooking
Gregory Morrow[_3_]

-L.wrote:

Gregory Morrow wrote:

The thing that's really "Yuck!" is the fact that you are dragging around

toddler on a plane. Why didn't you just leave it at home with somebody?
It's much too young to get any "enjoyment" out of a trip...

My son has just as much right to travel as you do. If you don't like
that fact, boycott the airlines. One less asshole we will have to deal
with...

IMNSHO you are simply a white middle - class consumerist entitlement moo.
You went to China to adopt some kid like the rest of us would go to a pound
to adopt a kitten or a puppy or to Best Buy to buy a teevee, I guess all
the US - born kids who very badly need homes weren't quite "up to snuff" for
you so to speak. This marks you as another "Look at MEEEEEEEEEE...!!!"
breeder...with NO regard to those around you. I surely feel sorry for your
kid...

You sound like you have some kind of "anger managment" issue and I'm sure it
won't be too long before Child Protective Services comes a - knockin' at yer
door...

--
Best
Greg

Old August 9th, 2006, 04:26 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.food.cooking
-L.[_1_]

Gregory Morrow wrote:
IMNSHO you are simply a white middle - class consumerist entitlement moo.

Um, no asshole, I'm a multi-ethnic, upper-class, PNB. Not that it
matters to me - or that you'd know the difference.

You went to China to adopt some kid

My son is American. African American. So I guess that blows your
theory.

like the rest of us would go to a pound
to adopt a kitten or a puppy or to Best Buy to buy a teevee, I guess all
the US - born kids who very badly need homes weren't quite "up to snuff" for
you so to speak.

This is really cherry in light of the truth...LOL...

This marks you as another "Look at MEEEEEEEEEE...!!!"
breeder...with NO regard to those around you. I surely feel sorry for your
kid...

I feel really glad you don't have any.

You sound like you have some kind of "anger managment" issue and I'm sure it
won't be too long before Child Protective Services comes a - knockin' at yer
door...

Looking in the mirror again, Rump Ranger?

-L.