NYC-Should I drive or not? Also-How do I get to Coney Island?

Old August 11th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Rita

Default NYC-Should I drive or not? Also-How do I get to Coney Island?

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:20:24 -0400, "Eddie Type 2"
wrote:

Thanks...........I will consider public transportation as a method of
getting around. Are there any benches in the Museum???

I can walk a bit, so long as I have something to lean on, I can rest my
back.

Eddie

You would be wise to plan your visit to the Museum well so
you concentrate on the exhibits you want to see and don't get
trapped into aimlessly wandering (which is easy to do).

I visited with a grandson and he insisted on reading the entire
text accompanying each of the exhibits in the dinosaur hall. I
remember getting very weary standing around. I think there are
some benches around but all depends on how crowded the Museum is
on a given day.

There are four floors of gallery space and the building is spread over an area
of several city blocks. Inside there are 42 permanent exhibits and several
temporary ones covering everything in creation from the beginning of time to the
present, every discipline of human science: biology, ecology, zoology, geology,
astronomy, and anthropology.

Here is info for those with mobility impairments -- elevators and wheelchairs
are available on a first come, first served basis.

http://www.amnh.org/museum/welcome/a...ity/?src=pv_vi

Old August 11th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Eddie Type 2

Thanks Rita, I did notice that on their site.

I am thinking about just going to the planetarium instead of spending hours
in the Museum........I think our 4 year old might enjoy a quick in and out
experience instead of getting bored.

Eddie

Old August 12th, 2004, 05:02 AM
eric h

In article ,
Juliana L Holm wrote:

Great, but for the OP, who has trouble walking more than 100 yards, how long
is the walk in the station (I seem to remember at Times Square it could be

By now I'm fairly certain that the original post was a troll, and not a
bad that one at that, but on the offhand chance that he's serious, he
might want to consider taking taxis. He'd pay far less in cab fare than
he would to park, and he'd probably end up walking less.

--
---
"Wake Up, Everybody."--McFadden/Whitehead/Carstarphen

Old August 12th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Eddie Type 2

Hello Eric...............I am not a troll!........I don't even know what
gave you that impression! No one has really suggested using cabs, but it
certainly would be a good option to minimize the walking. The problem is
that we are family of 5.......

Can you not tell from my posts that we are obviously staying in Atlantic
City and want to visit up and down the east coast a bit? I'm sure you saw
my other posting for Ocean City, Wildwood and Cape May as well, right?

Eddie

Old September 6th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Pan

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:22:33 -0400, "Eddie Type 2"
wrote:

[snip]
I was thinking about returning home from Coney Island around 7 at night, so
isn't that after Rush hour?

[snip]

No, I would say it is not after rush hour.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.