Marketing campaign sinks Cruise Critic

Old March 20th, 2009, 09:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Default Marketing campaign sinks Cruise Critic

John Sisker wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:

We received this information/press release from the trades/MSNBC and
thought it may be of interest to this newsgroup as well.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29685207/

Happy sailing...
John Sisker-SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY® The only Travel Agency that uses Semaphore to book cruises!
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Oh this is rich, now Sisker is referring to himself in the Royal "we"...
i.e. "Nonsense! We are not amused!" - Queen Victoria (The Queen and not
the ship).
The alternative is he thinks he's a nanny or a nurse. "We're here to
give you your enema." or, "Nanny Sisker will take our leave of you
children now. We will not be very happy if Nanny Sisker learns that you
have been naughty in our absence."

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:59 AM
VaCavalier VaCavalier is offline
Member

Angry

From Jaunted (Conde Nast):

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2009/3/...al+Infectio n

Royal Caribbean Cruises Has Web 2.0 Viral Infection

No surprise he Royal Caribbean Cruise Line has a viral infection. For once, however, it's not the Norovirus but that new-fangled byproduct of Web 2.0, the viral marketing infiltration. According to Consumerist, a group of fifty "Royal Champions" was outed by their own creator, the Customer Insight Group, as being a successful project whereby frequent positive cruise commenting on sites such as CruiseCritic was rewarded with free cruises and other perks.
So what's the big deal? Well, it seems that the "Royal Champions" weren't always up front about their status as compensated reviewers, effectively misleading readers of CruiseCritic forums with their positive comments. Add to this the fact that CruiseCritic admins assisted Royal Caribbean in choosing the fifty, with one of the stipulations being quantity of posts, "with many having over 10,000 message board posts on various Royal Caribbean topics." From here, the hole just gets deeper.
Now that many RC fans feel slighted at not having made the ranks and most everyone else is disgusted at the covert trade of cruising for happy juicing, the trustworthiness of such forums is under fire.
Due to CruiseCritic's ownership by TripAdvisor, which is in turn under the Expedia blanket of travel sites, a viral marketing stunt gone awry could possibly continue to negatively ripple. Does news like this affect your ability to trust good reviews on travel sites, or do you already consider yourself an excellent shill-spotter enough to weed out the solicited from the unsolicited? While this whole ordeal is mired in serious muckety-muck, let's hope it serves as a lesson for future viral marketers and as an argument for transparency.
Old March 21st, 2009, 04:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

"Brian K" wrote in message
m...
John Sisker wrote:
[...]

Has Brian completely lost it with his response, and well after the fact? It
seems that he is now grasping at straws, just to say anything negative, and
which actually makes no sense whatsoever. He may have got the 'queen' part
right if referring to himself, but as to all the rest, what's the point?
Now, if there was actually anything in his dialogue worth responding to, or
some misconceptions needed to be addressed, well, that's a different story.
However, in this case, and he is talking total nonsense - so good bye Brian.

Old March 21st, 2009, 04:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:22:04 -0400, Brian K wrote:

Oh this is rich, now Sisker is referring to himself in the Royal "we"...
i.e. "Nonsense! We are not amused!" - Queen Victoria (The Queen and not
the ship).
The alternative is he thinks he's a nanny or a nurse. "We're here to
give you your enema." or, "Nanny Sisker will take our leave of you
children now. We will not be very happy if Nanny Sisker learns that you
have been naughty in our absence."

I looked at your website. You appear to be very lonely.

Key West calls you.
--
Think first! Before you book a cruise from a two bit lying sleazeball
who uses Usenet as free SPAMADVERTISING ground and for purposeful
Old March 21st, 2009, 04:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:18:00 -0700, John Sisker wrote:

"Brian K" wrote in message
m...
John Sisker wrote:
[...]

He doesn't need you, Sisker, he has all the friends on his website and
two flowers he doesn't know the botanical names for.
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 3/21/2009 12:33 PM Chrissy Cruiser "tweaked" on too much Starbucks
said:
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:22:04 -0400, Brian K wrote:

Oh this is rich, now Sisker is referring to himself in the Royal "we"...
i.e. "Nonsense! We are not amused!" - Queen Victoria (The Queen and not
the ship).
The alternative is he thinks he's a nanny or a nurse. "We're here to
give you your enema." or, "Nanny Sisker will take our leave of you
children now. We will not be very happy if Nanny Sisker learns that you
have been naughty in our absence."

I looked at your website. You appear to be very lonely.

Key West calls you.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. P L O N
K !!
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 3/21/2009 12:34 PM Chrissy Cruiser "tweaked" on too much Starbucks
said:
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:18:00 -0700, John Sisker wrote:

"Brian K" wrote in message
m...

John Sisker wrote:

[...]

Obviously my use of satire in response of Sisker's use of the Royal "we"
flew right over your collective head.

FYI One doesn't need to know the botanical names of flora in order to
walk away with 1st prize in a competition for best rose garden.
Cultivation is what counts. Cultivation is something you lack. :-D

Again, I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person!

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
"The poor dog is the firmest friend, the first to welcome the foremost to defend" - Lord Byron
For more up to date photos check out my page at Shutterfly.com
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

said:
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:18:00 -0700, John Sisker wrote:

"Brian K" wrote in message
m...

John Sisker wrote:

[...]

One head isn't collective. Two heads is plural.

FYI One doesn't need to know the botanical names of flora in order to
walk away with 1st prize in a competition for best rose garden.
Cultivation is what counts. Cultivation is something you lack. :-D

Uh, yeah.

Again, I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person!

Back to your unnamed "flora" you go.
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

said:
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:22:04 -0400, Brian K wrote:

Oh this is rich, now Sisker is referring to himself in the Royal "we"...
i.e. "Nonsense! We are not amused!" - Queen Victoria (The Queen and not
the ship).
The alternative is he thinks he's a nanny or a nurse. "We're here to
give you your enema." or, "Nanny Sisker will take our leave of you
children now. We will not be very happy if Nanny Sisker learns that you
have been naughty in our absence."

I looked at your website. You appear to be very lonely.

Key West calls you.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. P L O N
K !!

LOL

Homosexuals, ain't they the nazz?