Hypothetical West Coast Cruise

Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

Default Hypothetical West Coast Cruise

On Mar 7, 7:06*pm, "kerry ambler" kerryamblerNO wrote:
most of the people
here are on the east coast and don't care about the west coast.

Kerry,

Reading Mark's post to this thread I became curious and decided to
look back at what you said. When I saw the above I decided to respond
even though I'm definitely not one of John Sisker's fans by a long
shot.

As a New Yorker I do appreciate that so many ships homeport within a
cab's ride away but there are only so many Canada, Bermuda, Bahamas
and Caribbean cruises that a person can take without growing bored. So
consider this "east coaster" who counts the two Pacific coastal
cruises I've taken to be among my favorites. I'm always checking out
left-coaset itineraries - especially if I can combine them with the
periodic trips I take for tech classes and conventions.

Here's one similar to one of the repositionings I did but as a round
trip:

San Diego r/t to:
1 LA
2 Santa Barbara
3 Monterrey
4 sea
5 sea
6 Seattle
7 Astoria
8 sea
9 San Francisco afternoon arrival (overnight)
10 San Francisco
11 sea
12 San Diego.

Warren
Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:37:45 -0400, Charles
wrote:

Wake up Ray :-) The itinerary Warren posted is hypothetical, not legal.

Hi Charles,

No more coffee for me this am. I saw he included Santa Barbara. I
wanted him to visit Santa Barbara so I could show him around our
beautiful American Riviera. :+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
kerry ambler

warren, i doubt you did an itinerary similar to the one you quoted below as
there is no foreign port on your list. i believe astoria is in oregon,
unless i am mistaken.
and the rule is not being overturned so no sense wishing.
also the coastal cruises are repositioning and not round trips and only go
twice a year, if that.
as far as west coast 7 day cruises (legal) our choice is mexican riviera or
mexican riviera.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

Hi Kerry,

I believe Warren is correct. The Passenger Vessel Services Act of
1886 does not prohibit foreign-flagged ships departing from and
returning to the same U.S. port. This is how we travel agents often do
our wonderful shrimp filled cruises to nowhere. :+)

Wake up Ray :-) The itinerary Warren posted is hypothetical, not legal.

--
Charles
Old March 23rd, 2009, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

wrote:

Wake up Ray :-) The itinerary Warren posted is hypothetical, not legal.

Hi Charles,

No more coffee for me this am. I saw he included Santa Barbara. I
wanted him to visit Santa Barbara so I could show him around our
beautiful American Riviera. :+)

I also thought he meant that he had done it but he actually wrote

*Here's one similar to one of the repositionings I did but as a round
*trip:

The key word is 'similar'. So on the actual cruise I guess he ended
up in Canada.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:26:27 -0700, Ray Goldenberg wrote:

I believe Warren is correct.

You've got a calling out to attend to.

http://tr.im/hlJv
--
Think first! Before you book a cruise from a two bit lying sleazeball
who uses Usenet as free SPAMADVERTISING ground and for purposeful
Old March 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:04:27 -0700, Ray Goldenberg wrote:

No more coffee for me this am.

http://tr.im/hlJv

Old March 23rd, 2009, 06:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Mar 23, 12:11*pm, "kerry ambler" kerryamblerNO
wrote:
warren, *i doubt you did an itinerary similar to the one you quoted below

The thread is about hypothetical itineraries on the west coast. I
submitted mine based on a real itinerary that I took that was a repo.

Warren